These Buffalo Chicken Crescent Rolls are absolutely mouth watering with the perfect flavor combination and ready in 25 minutes. From the zing of buffalo sauce, the smooth and creamy cream cheese and buttery crescent rolls, they're nothing short of delicious.
This crescent roll recipe is easy to make and perfect to serve as an appetizer at a gathering!
Why you'll love this recipe
Buffalo chicken is a classic flavor pairing.
Who doesn't love the combination of shredded buffalo chicken in a spicy and tangy buffalo sauce? Paired with creamy ingredients like cream cheese and ranch, it's a winning flavor combination!
Crescent rolls are super easy to work with, making this recipe perfect for people who don't like to spend a ton of time in the kitchen cooking. The recipe can be assembled and ready to eat in less than 25 minutes.
This recipe is great for gathering or parties as an appetizer. It can be make in advance or even cut into in bite-size portions!
For the buffalo crescent rolls themselves, you'll need only four ingredients! Plus, some dipping sauce and veggies if you prefer.
- cooked and shredded chicken - You can make this recipe even easier by buying precooked and shredded chicken from the grocery store or cooking some extra chicken when making another meal!
- buffalo sauce - It wouldn't be buffalo chicken without the buffalo sauce, right?! The buffalo sauce gives the recipe a nice spicy element, that pairs great with the cooler elements. If you have kiddos or people who can't handle the heat, you can always use less buffalo sauce. Use the leftovers to make crispy cauliflower bites.
- crescent rolls - The crescent rolls are not a hassle because for this recipe you can just throw two tubes in the cart at the grocery store. We like to keep things easy around here! If you have extra crescent rolls, use them in these homemade pizza pockets.
- cream cheese - Cream cheese complements this dish perfectly! The smooth and cooling consistency pairs perfect with the hot buffalo sauce. You can use low fat cream cheese if preferred.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
If you prefer a different kind of meat, try using ground beef, ground turkey or ground pork for a different flavor profile!
For something other than crescent rolls, play around with puff pastry or pizza dough. You really can't go wrong!
See this buffalo chicken stuffed peppers recipe for another buffalo chicken version.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Crescent Rolls
This recipe is super easy to assemble! Prep in 10 minutes, cook in 12!
Step #1: Preheat oven to 375°F. In bowl, mix together chicken, softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce and cilantro if desired.
Step #2: Mix until creamy and cream cheese and buffalo sauce are incorporated.
Step #3: Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them from one another. Use spoon to put chicken onto crescent rolls. Then smooth the mixture out evenly across the roll.
Step #4: Roll up the crescent rolls. Make sure to start with the large end and roll towards the smaller end. Roll all 16 crescents.
Step #5: Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
Hint: Cook a meal earlier in the week with grilled chicken and cook some extras so you have one less step for this meal!
Added veggies: To add more heft to this recipe, consider adding cooked bell peppers or onions. These veggies will give nice color and flavor the dish!
Pizza shape: If you want something other than crescent rolls, take this filling and spread it over pizza dough.
Pinwheels: Spread filling in a flour tortilla and cut up for flavorful pinwheels!
Serve with celery for a nice crunch. For dipping sauce, use store bought or healthy homemade ranch dressing and blue cheese dressing are perfect!
If you are feeding people who are sensitive to spicy or hot foods, start light with buffalo sauce. Then try mixture, and add more. It's better to add slowly than have it be too spicy!
It is all up to your personal preference. You can season with salt, pepper, or anything that isn't super strong. The strong flavor will mainly come from the buffalo sauce.
Store in the refrigerators for up to five days.
If you tried buffalo chicken crescent rolls or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments.
More appetizer recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with buffalo chicken crescent rolls:
Buffalo Chicken Crescent Rolls
- 8 ounces cooked and shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro optional
- 2 8-ounce tubes of crescent rolls
- Celery for a side
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and cilantro. Use a spatula to mix all ingredinets together until creamy and the cream cheese and buffalo sauce are incorporate.
- Roll out the crescent rolls and separate them. Use a spoon to equally portion chicken onto crescent roll triangles. Smooth the mixture out evenly.
- Roll the crescent rolls, starting with the larger end and ending with the smaller end. Complete this with all 16 rolls.
- Place filled rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the rolls are light golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve celery sticks and dressing of choice on the side.