This recipe for Homemade Pizza Pockets with crescent rolls is an easy snack or quick meal the whole family will enjoy!
Homemade Pizza Pockets
When harvest hits, it’s go time! You may have the same situation with baseball season or heck, tax season! My point is, sometimes we need an easy meal we can whip up at home without a whole lotta fuss.
Ingredients in Homemade Pizza Pockets:
Using prepared crescent dough is about to make our life so much easier. Let’s talk about what you need for homemade pizza pockets:
- crescent rolls – these are found in the refrigerator section. Pick up a can – or two!
- pizza sauce – use your favorite brand of pizza sauce (or homemade). You can also use marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce if you have some laying around.
- pepperoni slices – you can leave it whole or chop it up. Your call!
- shredded mozzarella – because pizza isn’t pizza without cheese!
- shredded parmesan – for a little salty flavor and topping.
How to make pizza pockets at home
You know I love a frozen pizza, but these are fun to make at home!
Step 1: Preheat your oven and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Translation: easy clean up and no sticking!
Step 2: Open and unroll the crescent roll dough and press the seams together. Use your hands or a rolling pint to stretch it to about 14 x 7 inches. Cut this into four rectangles. Using a pizza cutter makes it super easy to cut.
Step 3: Add the pizza sauce to each rectangle, then the pepperoni and finally, top with cheese. Close the pizza pocket and use a fork to crimp the edges to keep all the pepperoni and cheesy goodness inside the pizza pockets.
Step 4: Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese. You may need to gently pat it to stick to the dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
In my eyes, it’s the perfect handheld treat. It’s great for a simple meal or an after school snack!
Other handheld recipes:
- Indvidual Lasagna Cups
- Easy Chicken Nugget Burritos
- Baked Italian Sliders
- Handheld Meal Ideas for Farmers
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp pizza sauce
- 20 slices pepperoni, chopped or left whole
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat
- Open and unroll the crescent roll dough and press the seams together. Use your hands or a rolling pint to stretch it to about 14 x 7 inches.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough in half, then in half again. You'll have four rectangles.
- Divide the pizza sauce between the four rectangles
- Place the pepperoni on each rectangle keeping from the edges. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Fold each rectangle over and pinch together, then use a fork a to crimp the edges shuts.
- Use a paring knife to cut 2-3 steam vents in each pizza pocket.
- Sprinkle with tops with shredded parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasty brown. Cool slightly before serving. (Inside will be hot!)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 34mgSodium 875mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 11g