This homemade version of Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls is perfect for family movie night, game day, or anytime you're looking for a hearty bite the whole family will love! Made in the air fryer, this tasty appetizer is easy to make!
Why you'll love this recipe
These homemade pizza rolls allows you make the recipe using your favorite pizza toppings, all wrapped up in a crispy egg roll wrapper.
Sure, they're decadent (because, PIZZA), but a little bit healthier than the frozen pizza rolls from the grocery store.
You can customize these with a whole bunch of toppings. Stay tuned for ideas!
If you've drooled over these while strolling your local county fair, you'll love these. There's no hot oil to contend with and they're easy to make!
Here's what you need to grab the next time you're strolling through the grocery store.
- egg roll wrappers - these are usually found in the produce section at the grocery store. Use your leftovers to make buffalo chicken egg rolls .
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni - you can use pieces of pepperoni that are packaged or buy a chunk pepperoni from the deli to cube into small pieces.
- prepared pizza sauce - or you can use marinara sauce. Use leftover sauce in a pizza pepperoni pizza chicken bake.
- Italian seasoning - if you don't have this, you can substitute dried oregano
- Parmesan cheese - optional but delicious!
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How to make pizza egg rolls in the air fryer
Step #1: Lay your egg roll wrapper out with the point on top.
Add a little shredded cheese, some pepperoni and a dollop of pizza sauce.
Then, add a little bit of seasoning and some more cheese.
Step #2: Fold the bottom corner up, then fold in sides and roll to the end.
It's like a baby burrito, in pizza form!
Do this until you have six pizza rolls.
Tip: set the seam side facing down so they stay enclosed.
Step #3: Add them to your air fryer, seam side down
Cook for 5 minutes, flip, then cook another 3-4 minutes.
Step #4: The wrappers will be crispy and light golden brown when they're done. Use tongs to remove them from the air fryer.
Step #5: Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a little additional seasoning if you'd like.
Serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping.
To make pizza egg rolls in the oven
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Make as outlined in the instructions in the recipe card.
Brush the egg rolls with olive oil, then add to a baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg rolls are golden brown and crispy.
As always, we can play with our food here!
Make supreme pizza egg rolls by using green pepper, sausage, meatballs, mushrooms, green bell peppers, and onions.
See these homemade pizza pockets for more pizza love!
Store leftovers in airtight container. Reheat on low temperature (200 degrees) to reheat.
To store leftover egg roll wrappers, place them in a ziptop baggie. Remove as much air as possible.
Egg roll wrappers will keep in the refrigerator for several days. You can also freeze them for several months.
If the wrappers want to unroll, try this tip. Use a small amount of water to moisten the top corner of the wrapper before sealing it completely. This will help the wrapper stick together.
If you tried making air fryer pizza egg rolls or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments.
Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Looking for other appetizer recipes like this? Try these:
Pizza Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 6 eggroll wrappers
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- ½ cup pasta or pizza sauce divided
- 1 Tablespoon pizza seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese optional
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with the point at the top and bottom (shaped like a diamond). Place 2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese at the bottom center. Top with 2-3 Tablespoons pepperoni, a teaspoon of your sauce, a sprinkle of seasoning and another tablespoon of cheese.
- Fold the bottom corner up, then fold in sides and roll to the end, making sure all ingredients are enclosed and not peeking out of the edges of the wrapper. It's like a baby burrito, in pizza form! Set aside with the seam side down so it stays sealed. Continue this process with remaining ingredients until you have six pizza rolls.
- Transfer to your air fryer basket, seam side down, taking care to leave space in between each roll.Cook at 370°F for 5 minutes, flip, then cook another 3-4 minutes. The wrappers will be crispy and light golden brown when they're done.
- Use tongs to remove them from the air fryer, they'll be hot!Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping.