Enjoy the creamy sweetness of Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip! This luscious treat combines fluffy marshmallow and cream cheese, making a delightful dip that's perfect for any occasion.
This light and fluffy texture is perfectly paired with fresh fruity flavors and other delectable bites.
Why you'll love this fruit dip
Whether you're hosting a party or simply craving a delectable snack, this irresistible Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip with vanilla is sure to satisfy your the taste buds of you and your guests. It's also a fun and easy, albeit sweet, treat to make during the summer with the kiddos!
Also, you can vary the types of fruits to make a fruit board that reflects the holidays. The photo above is perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day with its red, white and blue colors.
This recipe is a throwback, I'm guessing from the same era is orange fluff jello salad, and is fun for parties, picnics and holiday gatherings.
Here's what you need to make this creamy dip.
- cream cheese
- marshmallow creme - sometimes called marshmallow fluff
- vanilla extract
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make fruit dip with marshmallow fluff
It's easy to make this dip. Kids like to help, too!
Bring the cream cheese up to room temperature and place in a large mixing bowl.
Add the marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract to the cream cheese. Blend with a hand mixer until the dip is smooth. It should only take a few minutes.
Use a rubber spatula to make sure everything on the bottom and sides is incorporated.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve!
Hint: This fruit dip can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Before serving, you may want to fluff it up a little with a quick stir.
Substitutions and Variations
Here are a few ideas for you to mix up this cream cheese fruit dip.
- Cream cheese - you can use low fat cream cheese instead of regular. Reduced fat cream cheese is sometimes labeled as Neufchatel cheese. Please don't ask me to pronounce that!
- Extract - instead of vanilla extract, try almond extract or orange extract.
- Alternative - you could use a flavored liquor such as Grand Marnier (orange flavored) or Amaretto (almond flavored).
For another variation, try this Greek yogurt fruit dip.
What fruit is good for dipping
The sky is the limit here, but here are some of my favorite dipping fruits based on their size and taste:
- Apples - arctic apples a an apple variety that doesn't easily brown, as well as ambrosia, cameo, corland, gala and empire varieties. For a full list see this handy reference.
- Pineapple chunks or spears
- Grapes - any color of seedless grape
- Cherries - make sure they're pitted. Try putting them on cute toothpicks for dipping!
- Strawberries - whole or halved if they're large
Of course, you could just dive into this dip with a spoon, but that's not gonna make your guests very happy. After all, it is the ultimate party dessert!
Instead, why not serve with fruits as outlined above, vanilla wafer cookies, graham crackers or pretzel things. Cubed pound cake would be yummy too!
This dip is tasty as a dip (of course) but can also substitute as a simple cake frosting!
Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
If you have leftover fluff, do what my husband does and make a flutternutter sandwich. What's that, you way? It's peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Give it a try!
I still find the original Marshmallow fluff from Durkee Mower at Wal-Mart, Target and Amazon. You can also use Jet-Puff marshmallow creme, which is a Kraft brand.
Looking for other no bake dessert recipes like this? Try these:
Make it a meal
These are my favorite dishes to serve with marshmallow fluff fruit dip:
Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, pull from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving with fresh fruit, graham crackers, pretzels or other goodies.
- Low fat cream cheese may be used
- Marshmallow Fluff or Marshmallow Creme may be used. Name depends on the brand.