Buffalo Cauliflower Bites have all the taste of your favorite buffalo appetizer with less of the guilt! I'll Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce!
I like to think of this low carb Cauliflower Buffalo Bites recipe as the Hail Mary to your tailgating menu! How often do you go to a party and the food looks just TOO good to resist?
Meatballs in sauce, sub sandwiches, buffalo chicken dip....drooling over here!
But along with all the decadence, I like to have some healthy options, too.
Luckily, when you make buffalo cauliflower bites, you can have a fiesta in your mouth but not pay for it in calories when the party is over.
Now, I'm going to be completely honest. I don't understand football.
We had a soccer team in high school (hello small town living) and I didn't catch many football games in college.
But tailgating food plus Super Bowl commercials? Those, I can understand.
So let's talk baked buffalo cauliflower. Because cauliflower, it's all the rage right now, you know???
How to make buffalo cauliflower bites
- Only use parchment paper to line your baking sheet. A silpat liner or greased baking sheet won't hold the batter on your cauliflower.
- Save time by buying a bag of pre-chopped cauliflower florets.
- To make this recipe gluten free, use rice flour. (NOTE: If you're using rice flour, you may need to add a little more liquid to get the batter to the right consistency. The batter should be thick enough to stick to the florets but still thin enough to drip.)
- Don't overcrowd the pan. We want these buffalo bites to roast, not steam!
- Flip halfway through the baking time.
- I haven't tried it yet, but I bet you could rock these in your Air Fryer!
Many thanks to Delicious Living for sharing this wonderful recipe with me - just in time for game day!
What to serve with buffalo cauliflower
Are you team ranch dressing or team blue dressing? Both of those would pair nicely, of course! I like some celery and carrots on the side too.
And let's be real here, maybe a Michelob Ultra, wink wink!!!
Other healthy tailgating recipes you'll love:
- Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
Made with love,
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
This cauliflower version of buffalo wings wins everyone over! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce!
- 1 cups head caulflower, 4-5 florets
- ½ cup milk, almond or soy can be substituted for dairy free
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free rice flour
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter or butter spread
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Link a baking sheet with parchment paper. (NOTE: Do not use a silpat liner or just a greased baking sheet. The parchment is necessary to keep the batter on the florets).
- Cut cauliflower into florets. In a large bowl, combine milk, water, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. (NOTE: If you're using rice flour, you may need to add a little more liquid to get the batter to the right consistency. The batter should be thick enough to stick to the florets but still thin enough to drip.)
- Dip each floret into the mixture to coat evenly. Remove excess batter by tapping the floret a couple of times again the side of the bowl.
- Lay coated florets on parchment lined baking sheet without overcrowding them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown, flipping the florets halfway through baking time.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and hot sauce. Heat just until melted, stir and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and place in a large clean bowl. Pour hot sauce mixture over florets and toss gently until coated. Spread all the florets on the same parchment-lined baking sheet again. Return to oven and bake for another 25 minutes, flipping the florets halfway through baking time.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This looks deliicous and what a perfect appetizer for game day. I'm always looking for healthier snacks
These are so delicious! They will be my new appetizer for any occasion!
I am obsessed with buffalo sauce. This looks like a nice healthy way to enjoy it.
Amazing! I'm going to try them in the air fryer - It's my new kitchen addiction! I love all the flavor that you have going in the seasoning.
Oh my goodness!They look and sounds super delicious!I can image the flavors.. can't wait to try it!