This Costco Chicken Bake Recipe is simple and you don't even have to go to the Costco food court to get it! This easy weeknight recipes combines chicken, bacon, dough and warm creamy Caesar...sounds delicious to me!
Why you'll love this recipe
During busy seasons of the year (which seems like all the time, ammiright?), this Costo chicken bake recipe is perfect for on the go meals. It's convenient to eat and to make!
Let's not forget that this recipe is a handheld meal perfect for busy parents, field meals or dinner before a baseball game.
Copycat recipes are great because when you make it yourself you will know exactly what ingredients are in it, so it will be a healthier version. Costco shoppers, take note! The only thing this missing is the foot long hot dog and it feels like home 😉
You will only need five ingredients to whip together this recipe!
- refrigerated pizza dough - By using refrigerated pizza dough, this will save you a lot of time. In my kitchen, I don't usually have time to whip up dough from scratch, so this recipe involves pre-made dough! Pssst, if you buy extra dough you can whip up some pretzel bites in the air fryer.
- chicken - For this recipe, diced chicken breast will provide you with protein! Make this recipe even easier by cooking extra chicken in in the instant pot. Use the rest to add to some pesto chicken pasta salad.
- Caesar dressing - Caesar dressing is the sauce and glue to this chicken bake. It adds some flavor and pairs nicely with the chicken and smoky bacon.
- bacon - Although bacon isn't the main source of protein, it adds a nice element to the dish. Make bacon ahead of time and use the leftovers for breakfast meals throughout the week.
- cheese - Cheese makes everything tastier! This recipe calls for Italian blend shredded cheese. It's a blend of mozzarella, romano, provolone, asiago and Parmesan cheese.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
If you are out of Caesar dressing, you can use ranch dressing instead! Chicken, bacon and ranch are a popular flavor combination that won't disappoint you.
Don't have bacon laying around? Consider using bacon bits or chopped up ham! Ham is a relatively salty meat so it may alter the flavor profile slightly.
No Italian cheese? Use mozzarella cheese instead.
How to make a copycat Costco chicken bake recipe
Step #1: Preheat oven to 400°F. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces and strength each piece to roughly 5x7 inches.
Combine chicken, bacon, 1 ½ cups cheese and 1 cup dressing in a bowl.
Step #2: Spoon ¼ of the chicken mixture onto each piece of dough. Start with the long side and roll into a log. Pinch at the seams to close.
Step #3: Place seam down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with other pieces. Brush top of bakes and sides with the rest of dressing and sprinkle cheese on top.
Step #4: Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Let cool a little bit before taking the first bit - They'll be hot!
Hint: Use meat for multiple purposes. You can cook chicken ahead of time with another meal, or use rotisserie chicken for a different meal. Use the rest of your bacon for easy breakfast food in the days following.
Veggie Loaded: For a healthier variation, add veggies. Vegetables that pair well in this are cooked onions, diced tomatoes, bell peppers and spinach.
Add Spices: There are already a lot of flavors going on in the dressing, but if you want to try new seasonings, add herbs such as oregano, basil or thyme. For a spicier kick, try red pepper flakes.
Sauces: For a different spin on this recipe, use a different dressing. You can use barbeque, pesto, alfredo or teriyaki.
These chicken bake pockets hold heat very well. So, make sure to let cool enough before you start to eat!
If you want to make this into a freezer meal recipe, freeze uncooked pockets on a baking sheet and transfer to freezer bag later for optimal storage! When you're ready to enjoy, thaw and cook. You can also freeze already cooked pockets.
Yes, you can use the air fryer! It will result in the dough being a little crispier on the outside and you'll have to adjust the cook time slightly.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you're not going to get to it, feel free to freeze them and thaw before trying to heat up!
If you tried this Costco Chicken Bake recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments.
Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Looking for other handheld recipes? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with this costco chicken bake recipe:
Costco Chicken Bake Recipe
- 13.8 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese divided
- 1 ¼ cup creamy Caesar salad dressing divided
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Preheat to 400° F. Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Lightly stretch each rectangle to roughly 5x7-inches.
- Combine the chicken, bacon, 1 ½ cups of cheese and 1 cup of dressing in a large bowl. Stir to mix.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto each dough rectangle.
- Starting with the long side closest to you, roll one of the dough pieces tightly into a log. Pinch the seam and the ends to close. Fold under any excess at the ends of the dough.
- Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with other three dough pieces.
- Brush the top and sides of each chicken bake with the rest of the Caesar dressing. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese evenly over the tops of the packets.
- Bake until golden-brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving as contents will be hot!