These crispy Air Fryer Pita Chips are quick, easy, and great for a yummy snack. Pair your pita chips with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Why you'll love this recipe
- This air fryer recipe is quick, easy (5 mins prep), and yields a delicious snack in under 35 minutes, perfect for dipping in a layered hummus dip or whipped feta dip.
- Are you the snack master when guests invade your kitchen? Pita chips are your game day wingmen—low effort, big flavor, and ready to impress with the perfect dip!
- Become the pita chip Picasso! Craft your crunchy canvases with the seasonings and flair you desire. No store-bought preservatives here – just pure pantry magic using everyday ingredients.
The ingredients are simple!
- Pita bread - This is the star of the show! Cut the bread up into the size you desire, and you have pita chips. I use store-bought pita bread.
- Olive oil - Olive oil gives the pita chips a nice coating on the outside and prevents the chips from getting too crispy in the air fryer.
- Seasonings - Salt, ground cumin, garlic powder, and paprika will be used to elevate the flavor profile of these chips. It won't be overpowering, but will prevent the chips from being bland.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Ground cumin has a smoky but non-spicy taste. If you're out of cumin, you can use ground coriander instead. Coriander has a slightly sweet flavor, while cumin is a bit more bitter.
- In place of olive oil, vegetable or canola oil will also work for this recipe!
- Whole wheat pitas can be used.
How to make pita chips in the air fryer
This recipes little to no work for you in the prep. Let the air fryer do the bulk of the work while the pita chips cook!
Step #1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F. Combine salt, cumin, garlic powder and paprika and stir. Brush the pita with oil on both sides, then sprinkle spices on pita.
Alternatively, you can spray the pita bread with a little cooking spray.
Step #2: Cut pitas into small triangle shaped pieces using a pizza cutter or knife..
Step #3: Add pita triangles to air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes. Shake basket, allow pieces to flip over and air fry pita chips for 2 more minutes.
Step #4: Let cool and enjoy!
Tip: Leftover pitas can be frozen to use later.
Hint: Keep a close watch on the pita chips! You want them to be crispy and golden brown, but not burnt.
You can mix up this recipe using your favorite spices from the pantry. Here are a few other ideas!
- Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips: For a dessert or sweet snack, use melted butter, cinnamon and sugar instead of the traditional spice blend!
- Cheesy jalapeno: For pita chips with a kick, make chips as normal and top with shredded cheese and jalapenos after you flip them in air fryer.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: For a savory twist, consider using Everything Bagel Seasoning. This will provide a flavorful twist!
- Italian - use homemade Italian season to give these crispy pita chips a Mediterranean flair.
One of my favorite things about crispy pita chips is they are so versatile and go with so many dipping sauces.
Because the seasonings are so versatile, it leaves a lot of room for variety and creativity in what you decide to pair with it!
Yes, for a smaller recipe, simply cut all the ingredients in half. You can also make the full recipe and save the leftover for later!
If your air fryer doesn't have a basket that you can shake to flip over chips, that's alright! Remove and flip with a pair of tongs and resume cooking.
If you tried this homemade Air Fryer Pita Chips recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments.
Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Looking for other homemade snacks? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with air fryer pita chips:
Air Fryer Pita Chips
- 16 ounces pita bread approximately 4 pitas
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Make the spice blend by combining the salt, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Brush the pitas with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with pitas with the spices.
- Use a knife, pizza wheel or kitchen scissors to cut the pitas into small triangle sized pieces.
- Add the seasoned and oiled pita pieces to the air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry for 3 minutes.
- Shake the basket (the goal is for most or all of the pita pieces to flip over) and air fryer for an additional 2 minutes.