Get ready for a taste sensation with Healthy Ranch Dressing! It's creamy, flavorful, and totally guilt-free, made with all the good stuff and none of the fake stuff. Ditch the preservatives and artificial junk – this ranch is the real deal!
This healthy dressing only lightly coats greens, so it doesn't overpower their flavor. It's delicious! It's also a healthier version of the bottled stuff you get at the grocery store. It's also perfect when making chicken bacon ranch pasta salad.
The herbs are bright and refreshing and it's perfectly tangy.
Plus, it's easy to make - let's get started!
Healthy Ranch Dressing
Our daughter is the number one consumer of this stuff, I'm pretty certain. She dips her french fries, air fryer sweet potato wedges and uses ranch dressing on a simple salad...and that's just the beginning.
Heck, when I was a kid, we had Western dressing, Russian dressing and Thousand Island. If we were lucky!
Ranch has come along way since the 80's but now I'm dating myself...let's move on.
- Avocado mayonnaise - regular mayonnaise
- Greek yogurt - plain yogurt works, too
- fresh herbs - chives, dill, parsley
- spices - smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- buttermilk - if you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own buttermilk substitute with a squeeze of lemon juice and regular milk. I'll give specifics in the recipe card for you.
How to make this ranch dressing recipe
Step 1: Mix well the herbs and ranch dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
Step 2: Cover with plastic wrap or place in a mason jar or other covered container. I like to refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to let all the flavors develop.
Give it a little stir before serving.
The dressing is light and refreshing, with the herbs still really shining through.
This recipe makes about one cup of ranch dressing—enough for a small side salad or several servings of vegetables.
If you like a thicker dressing, I suggest you go the Greek yogurt route.
Buttermilk Substitute: If you don't have buttermilk (and I hardly ever do!) you can use the following substitution:
Measure one tablespoon of distilled vinegar or lemon juice into a measuring cup and add enough milk to complete the one cup. Let sit for 5 minutes before using.
How to store homemade dressing
I like a glass container to store leftover salad dressing. That way, I can see what it is and remember it's there, waiting for me in the fridge.
Other homemade salad recipes
Ranch Spice Inspired Recipes
If you make this easy healthy ranch dressing recipe, leave a recipe star rating or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Healthy Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- To prepare the ranch dressing, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.