Pepperoni Pizza Chicken is a family friendly meal the whole family will love. With only 6 ingredients, this one pan, low carb dinner will make everyone in at your supper table happy!
It also happens to be gluten free, family friendly, and delicious. How can you possibly argue with that??
This chicken bake is super easy to assemble, and has virtually no hands on time. If you have five minutes, you can make this weeknight recipe!
Lately I've been trying to simplify things and this recipe is no exception. The easier the better!
Besides that, there are only six (SIX!) ingredients. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!
Any meal that requires minimal effort and is gobbled up by our kids is a winner in my book.
Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Ingredients
- boneless, skinless chicken cutlets - you can use any boneless skinless chicken breasts, but the cutlets will cook faster for you.
- dried oregano and garlic powder
- pizza sauce - use the leftover sauce and pepperoni to make pepperoni pizza egg rolls!
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Here are my pepperoni pizza chicken tips for you...
After you place the pepperoni chicken into the oven to cook, you’ll have a few moments of spare time.
This is the perfect time to change out of your work clothes and replace them with yoga pants. Or, at the very least, stretchy pants. Yes, that's how I roll when I walk in the door after a long day....
Because chicken breasts these days seem to be downright monstrous, I recommend you use chicken cutlets from the store, or cut thicker chicken breasts in half horizontally.
If you’re nice to your butcher at the grocery store and their schedule allows, sometimes they’ll even do this for you!
First of all, season your chicken with oregano and garlic powder, top with pizza sauce and mozzarella.
Next, bake the seasoned cheese.
Then, sprinkle with cheese. I'm using mozzarella cheese but shredded or sliced provolone would be downright heavenly, too.
Let aforementioned cheese melt into ooey gooey goodness.
What to serve with pepperoni chicken
I’d recommend serving with roasted green beans, air fryer smashed brussels sprouts or asparagus and green bean salad as an easy and healthy side. And the kids would probably like some pasta or buttered noodles, don’t you think?
Are you feeling adventurous? By all means, add your favorite pizza toppings! In fact, I think black olives or mushrooms would be delicious. Yum!
Other easy recipes you'd love
If this kind of Italian themed meal is a people pleaser in your household, you may like my Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan.
Do yourself a favor and give my Pepperoni Pizza Chicken a try!
When you make this pizza chicken recipe, comment below and leave a recipe review. I'd love to hear from you!
Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x9 oven proof dish.
- Season both sides of the chicken with oregano and garlic powder. Place into dish. Top chicken breasts with pizza sauce and pepperoni.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (Chicken should cook to 165 degrees)
- Top with shredded mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes and chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F when measured with a meat thermometer.