Cheesy goodness is the name of the game in this Baked Pepperoni Dip recipe. All the flavors of pepperoni pizza, in an easy appetizer recipe, perfect for game day and the holidays!
Did I mention you only need 4 ingredients to make this cheesy dip???
I can't think of a better way to kick off football season, the holiday season, movie night or heck...Tuesday!
Why you’ll love this Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Dip recipe
I've had a lot of pizza dip recipes in my time, and this one takes the cake! So to speak...
It has all the flavors of your favorite pizza...gooey cheese and crispy pepperoni - all in a warm dip form.
This layered dip is super easy to put together. Just a few simple ingredients from your refrigerator will have you and your guests dipping in no time!
Plus, who doesn't love pizza?!?
Ingredients in pizza dip
- brick-style cream cheese - meaning buy the block, not the tub at the grocery store. I used full fat cream cheese, but you can also use low fat cream cheese (sometimes labeled as Neufchatel cream cheese. Be sure to soften the cream cheese to room temperature so it's easy to spread.
- pizza sauce - you can use store bought pizza sauce or homemade pizza sauce
- sliced pepperoni - use whatever kind you like. We're slicing it into bite size pieces, or you can buy the mini pepperoni pieces instead. Basically, the idea here is to make the pepperoni in smaller pieces so no one ends up with a cheesy bite hanging outta their mouth. That would usually be me.
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley - this is for garnishing on the top, so it's technically option. It really adds a festive flair, though!!
How to make easy pepperoni dip
Step 1: Spread the cream cheese.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. You'll need a smaller casserole dish or a pie plate about 9" in diameter. Spread the softened cream cheese on the bottom of the baking dish.
Step 2: Layer the remaining ingredients.
Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Add half of the pepperoni and sprinkle over the pizza sauce. Layer the cheese over the top. Top with remaining pepperoni pieces.
Step 3: Bake in your oven.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted and the dip begins to bubble around the edges. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Let the pepperoni dip cool slightly before you serve it. All that melty cheese is hot!
Don’t want to risk a double dip? Make individual portions of the dip for serving!
You can add your favorite pizza toppings. How about black olives or some diced red onion?
Switch up the meat. Instead of pepperoni, you could use cooked ground beef or cooked ground pork sausage.
If you're out of pizza sauce, you can use an equivalent amount of tomato sauce along with a teaspoon or so of dried Italian seasoning
Top with grated parmesan cheese
What to serve with pepperoni dip
You can serve pepperoni pizza dip with crackers, air fryer pita chips, or even bread sticks for dipping.
For a main course pepperoni experience, you can try out my pepperoni pizza chicken bake!
More warm dip recipes
Other delicious appetizers
If you made this pepperoni cheese dip, head on back and leave a recipe rating or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Baked Pepperoni Dip
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices cut into quarters
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grab your favorite small baking dish or 9 inch pie plate. Evenly spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Add half of the pepperoni and sprinkle over the pizza sauce. Layer the cheese over the top of the pepperoni and pizza sauce. Top with remaining pepperoni pieces.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted and the dip begins to bubble around the edges. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, baguette slices or crackers