Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables are a great side dish and a great meal prep option. The combination of vegetables along with simple herbs makes this an easy recipe to add to your cooking lineup!
Why you'll love this Mediterranean roast vegetables recipe
It's a simple and healthy side dish. I love sheet pan meals because everything goes on one large baking tray and you're done. These roasted veggies are no exception! Add some garlic parmesan pork chops or Mississippi pork roast and you have a meal.
It's versatile. These kinds of recipes are an awesome way to use up leftover vegetables hanging out in your fridge. I know, I know. We get carried away in the produce department sometimes because everything at the grocery store looks so darn good! Now, if we can just remember what we’re supposed to do with all that produce we purchased...Oh wait, you can add them to this recipe!
It's tasty! Roasting vegetables at high heat deepens and intensifies the sweetness in the vegetables. If you're into that sort of thing, check out these roasted maple balsamic Brussels sprouts.
In fact, our kids actually LOVE roasted veggies, so don’t fall off your dinner chair if this becomes a new family favorite.
Ingredients in Mediterranean Roasted Veggies
- mini sweet peppers (these are sold in bags in the produce aisle. If you can’t find them feel free to use regular bell peppers cut into two inch pieces.)
- mushroom caps – use button mushrooms, white mushrooms, baby Portabellas – they’re all good!
- red onion – if you don’t have one substitute yellow onion
- Brussels sprouts – many times you can find these already trimmed and pre-washed. Even our local Aldi carries them so they’re in my cart at every single trip! Roasting these Brussels sprouts will bring out a gentler, softer side.
- garlic powder – a standard pantry staple in my kitchen
- Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning – either works!
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper
How to make Mediterranean Roast Vegetables
Combine all the vegetables you’re using – peppers, mushrooms, onion, and Brussels sprouts plus whatever else you’re adding to the party – in a large bowl.
Add the seasonings, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Using a spoon or your clean hands, gently toss to combine.
Give them a little salt and pepper love and spread onto a baking sheet.
Important Tip: Be sure not to overcrowd your pan! I’m serious here, folks! We want the vegetables to caramelize and brown and they’ll steam instead if the pan in overloaded.
So I promise, if you need to use two baking sheets instead of one, it will be worth it!
Roast for 40-45 minutes, stirring half way through.
I don’t know about you, but my oven is hotter on the left side than the right side. Why? I don’t know but it just is. So I like to rotate the pan once, too, so I have even cooking all the way around.
Once they’re done, remove from the oven. The vegetables are great served warm or at room temperature.
The type of vegetables you use isn't limited to what's in the recipe card!
In the summer months, use summer vegetables that are in season. Yellow squash, zucchini and cherry tomatoes work well in this recipe.
This recipe calls for Herbs de Provence, but Italian seasoning can be used instead. This will alter the flavor profile a bit, but the result will still be delicious.
Other veggies I like are sweet potatoes or regular potatoes and radishes.
Notes: sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese or feta cheese for extra flavor.
Tips for this Mediterranean Vegetables Recipe
For best results, cut the vegetables into pieces that are a similar size. This way they'll all cook at the same time.
Turn this into a meal by adding a protein (garlic pork chops anyone?) and a whole grain. Delish!
Leftover roasted Mediterranean vegetables are incredible on a roasted veggie panini along with a little goat cheese (yum!), as a healthy addition to a chopped salad, or as a prepared pizza topping.
Throw some into your pasta for a healthy pasta salad ….should I keep going????
Other vegetables recipes
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
- Warm Spinach Salad with Root Vegetables
Give these Mediterranean roasted veggies a try! They’re healthy, they’re simple and family friendly, too!
Then, head on back and leave a review, if you would. Your feedback is important to me!
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- 3-4 bell peppers in different colors - green bell pepper orange, yellow or red pepper
- 1 pound mini portobello mushrooms caps only
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, onion, and Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl. Add garlic powder, Herbs de Provence, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and gently toss to combine. Season generously with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Arrange seasoned vegetables on prepared baking sheet in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd. Use two large baking sheets, if necessary.
- Place sheet pan in preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until the vegetables are tender and develop a nice caramelized color. Remove from oven and serve immediately.