Whipped Feta Dip is everything feta should be…salty, tangy and topped with a creamy drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve up this cool appetizer with fresh veggies or pita tips for dipping!
Hey friends, your feta just got betta!
If you’re looking for the ultimate summer party recipe, your game plan just got upgraded with this creamy, whipped feta dip.
I may earn money as an affiliate from certain product links within posts. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe you will find helpful.
Cheeses: we’re using a combination of softened cream cheese and crumbled feta. About the feta…I recommend you use a block of feta and crumble it yourself for the best tasting feta dip.
Half and half: this adds a creamy element and adds enough liquid to pull the dip recipe together. You may need a little more, you may need a little less, depending on the moisture content of your feta. So start small and build up the amount you need.
fresh dill: use the fresh if you can. But in a pinch, you can substitute two teaspoons dried dill.
garlic powder: my secret weapon in this recipe
Coarse sea salt: just a little sprinkle on the top adds beautiful texture and just a little extra something.
olive oil: you don’t have to use it, but it makes this feta dip extra special and it gives an extra creamy texture.
Snipped fresh chives and dill sprigs, for garnishing (optional)
Veggies for dipping: In no way does this list include everything dip-worthy. In this photo we’re looking at English cucumber (slice it on the diagonal for more dip coverage), red pepper strips and baby carrots.
Other ideas like radishes, blanched asparagus and pita chips are super yum, too!
How to make creamy whipped feta dip
This dip is super easy to make, it just takes a little blending. I used a hand mixture the first time and it totally works. Just make sure you use a really big bowl, or you may be wearing a spatter of feta and cream cheese.
In my opinion, a food processor works slightly better and yields a creamier dip.
But if you don’t feel like lugging out your food processor, know there are options.
I get you. Really I do.
My dip has a little texture, but that’s because I like it that way.
If you want super duper creamy feta, just add a little more half and half. And definitely use the food processor.
How to serve Whipped Feta Dip
You can serve this whipped feta with any veggies you like, toasted pita chips, or even slathered on bread.
Ooooh, can you imagine this dip spread on an everything bagel? I can!!!
This recipe is great for entertaining, for sure.
But it’s also a delicious snack to add to your cold lunch ideas for work!!
Other dip recipes:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup half & half (divided)
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Snipped fresh chives and dill sprigs, for garnishing (optional)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Baby carrots
- Set cream cheese out to come soften at room temperature. I like to take it out of the package and place it in a bowl so it softens faster.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, crumbled feta, 3 Tbsp. half and half, dill, and garlic powder. Seriously, be sure to use a large bowl. I wore the feta the first time I made this because it moves around until it starts to come together.
- Use a hand mixer to beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add additional half and half, one tablespoon at a time as needed to smoothen the mixture.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, sprinkle with a pink of coarse salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
Farm Girl Notes:
For a super smooth texture, you can use a food processor instead of a hand mixer. I like the more rustic look the hand mixer creates, plus I don't have to haul an appliance out of the cabinet 😉
2 teaspoons dried dill can be substituted for fresh.
This dip is also amazing served with pita chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g