Whipped Feta Dip is an insanely delicious and easy to make appetizer. Made with creamy cheese, salty feta, fresh herbs and some extra virgin olive oil, it's a dip that everyone loves to eat.
Just mix some feta cheese with cream cheese and a few spices, and voila! You're ready to entertain.
Why you'll love this simple recipe
Dips like this and layered hummus dip are perfect for game day or a party; just be prepared for people to ask for the recipe.
It's the perfect way to put feta cheese to use if it's leftover from making strawberry spinach salad.
If you’re looking for the ultimate summer party recipe, your game plan just got upgraded with this creamy, feta dip recipe. It’s Mediterranean themed and oh so tasty!
Simple, basic ingredients come together for this easy recipe.
cheeses: we’re using a combination of softened cream cheese and crumbled feta. About the feta…I recommend you use a block of feta and crumble it yourself for the best tasting feta dip.
half and half: this adds a creamy element and adds enough liquid to pull the dip recipe together. You may need a little more, you may need a little less, depending on the moisture content of your feta. So start small and build up the amount you need.
fresh dill: use the fresh if you can. But in a pinch, you can substitute two teaspoons dried dill.
garlic powder: my secret weapon in this recipe
coarse sea salt: just a little sprinkle on the top adds beautiful texture and just a little extra something.
extra virgin olive oil: you don’t have to use it, but it makes this feta dip extra special and it gives an extra creamy texture.
snipped fresh chives and dill sprigs, for garnishing (optional)
veggies for dipping: In no way does this list include everything dip-worthy. In this photo we’re looking at English cucumber (slice it on the diagonal for more dip coverage), red peppers and baby carrots, but the options are limitless.
Other ideas like radishes, blanched asparagus and pita chips are super yummy, too!
How to make whipped feta dip
This whipped feta dip with cream cheese is super easy to make, it just takes a little blending. Be sure to set your cream cheese out ahead of time to soften.
Step 1: Combine the cream cheese, feta, and a portion of the half and half, plus the dill, and garlic powder.
Step 2: Combine the mixture using a hand mixer or a food processor until it's light and fluffy.
Note: Use a food processor if you want a creamier dip. But if you don’t feel like lugging out your food processor or stand mixture, know there are options.
I get you. Really I do.
Add additional half and half as needed, a tablespoon at a time, until it's light and fluffy.
Step 3: Transfer the feta dip into a bowl and garnish with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh dill as you like!
My dip has a little texture, so you can see what it looks like blended with the hand mixer.
If you want super duper creamy feta, just add a little more half and half. And definitely use the food processor.
How to serve Whipped Feta Dip
You can serve this whipped feta with any veggies you like, toasted pita chips, or even slathered on pita bread or flat bread.
Ooooh, can you imagine this dip spread on an everything bagel? I can!!!
This recipe is great for entertaining, for sure. Think about adding it to your next charcuterie board for a holiday or game day.
It’s also a delicious snack to add to your cold lunch ideas for work!!
Mix it up with different flavors
The recipe card below has you topping the briny feta dip with a drizzle of olive oil, but the next time I make this, I'm planning to mix it up.
Here are some combinations I think will work well for this feta recipe:
- For a salty sweet combo, replace the olive oil with a drizzle of honey
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds for another layer of flavor
- Sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of zing
Can I make whipped feta dip ahead of time?
The best dips, in my humble opinion, are the ones you can make ahead of time. It's perfect whether you're entertaining or heading out the door to a friends house.
You can make this dip and refrigerate it up to 3 days before serving, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
As it chills, it will stiffen, so be sure to allow the dip to come up to temperature a bit before serving.
An hour to 90 minutes should do the trick!
How to store leftover feta dip
Store leftovers covered or in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week.
Other dip recipes:
When you try this creamy whipped feta dip recipe, leave a comment or review. I’d love to hear from you!
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces Feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup half & half divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Snipped fresh chives and dill sprigs for garnishing (optional)
Whipped Feta Dippers
- English cucumber sliced on the diagonal
- Baby carrots
- red pepper cut into strips
- Set cream cheese out to come soften at room temperature. I like to take it out of the package and place it in a bowl so it softens faster.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, crumbled feta, 3 Tablespoons of the half and half, dill, and garlic powder. Seriously, be sure to use a large bowl. I wore the feta the first time I made this because it moves around until it starts to come together.
- Use a hand mixer to beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add additional half and half as needed, one tablespoon at a time as needed to smoothen the mixture.
- Spoon into a shallow bowl, then sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.