The ultimate dip recipe we all know and love – Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip! It’s creamy, it’s protein packed and it punches just the right amount of spice.
Every time we go to my brother’s house, there is bound to be a crockpot buffalo chicken dip waiting for us. In fact, we’ve come to expect this appetizer at their parties!
I’m sure you can understand why we love this tasty appetizer…it’s full of chicken, so we have our protein category covered. Three kinds of creamy cheese, some spicy Frank’s hot sauce, and of course, two kinds of cheese.
It’s the stuff tailgating and a Super Bowl party is made of!
Even better, this recipe is gluten free, as long as you’re dipping with a gf approved vessel to spoon it to your mouth. Any kind of veggie like carrots and celery will do, along with tortilla chips or your favorite cracker.
Basically, you could eat it straight up with a spoon. I mean, I have and I have no apologies.
Why I Love Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Making Buffalo Chicken Dip in the slow cooker makes things super easy, especially when you’re entertaining over the holidays or at a party.
Everything goes into the pot at once and you still have time to clean up before the guests arrive.
And almost everyone loves it! If you remotely like buffalo sauce or buffalo chicken wings, this dip is for you!
- chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper
- chicken broth
- cream cheese
- Frank’s hot sauce
- blue cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 3 green onions, tops sliced (optional)
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in your Crockpot
Step 1: Add ingredients to the crock pot. Almost everyone goes into the pool here, with the exception of garnishes, mozzarella cheese and half the blue cheese.
Step 2: Cook for several hours. Now, we all know different crockpots cook at different temperatures. If your crock pot model is older, it may cook a little slower. I’ve found that the newer pots cook much faster, so you may do a little timing adjustment on your end.
Step 3: Shred the chicken using two forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the pot, along with the blue cheese crumbles and mozzarella. Give it all a big old stir!
Step 4: Make it pretty! Top with green onions and remaining blue cheese. If you decided to go the super spicy route with jalapeños, it’s nice to put a few on as garnish. That way people know what they’re biting into!
- We love Frank’s hot sauce, but you can use whatever buffalo wing sauce you like.
- Sub out the mozzarella for an a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- For a shortcut version, use 2 pounds of shredded and cooked rotisserie chicken and heat through.
- If you don’t like blue cheese or blue cheese dressing, you can substitute some drizzled in ranch dressing in its place
More Buffalo Chicken Inspired Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 stalks celery, very finely chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, tops sliced (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional if you'd like it very spicy)
- To Serve:
- Celery stalks
- Carrot sticks
- Season chicken breasts with a little salt and black pepper. Add your chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper (if using) and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese to the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for
3-4 hours or 5-6 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove the lid and use two forks to finely shred the chicken. Add the shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Replace the cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno. Dip buffalo chicken into celery stalks and carrot sticks or chips and crackers of your choosing.
If the dip seems too thick, you can add several tablespoons of chicken broth to bring it to your desired dip consistency.
This dip itself is a gluten free recipe, however you can serve with crackers, tortillas or whatever else you'd like for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1321mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 49g