Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders are always a hit with our friends and family! They’re easy to make, delicious, and perfect for eating on the go!
Here’s why I love Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders
I LOVE a good chicken sandwich. Doesn’t everyone?
Speaking of chicken, have you ever noticed how freakin’ nice the people are at Chick-fil-A? It gives me hope for chicken AND humanity.
- This is a crock pot dump recipe. You know, the recipes where everything goes into the slow cooker in under five minutes. Add the lid, walk away, and let it work its magic! It doesn’t get much easier than that!
- I have an easy peasy shortcut if you’re using cooked chicken. Read on for that!
- I love the flavor of buffalo sauce. It has a little punch of heat and they’re a little tangy from the vinegar in the hot sauce. It takes plain chicken and elevates it to the next level and gives me an excuse to eat ranch dressing.
- Sliders…every farm family loves a good slider, don’t they? Little sandwiches are so easy to transport and are easy to be eaten on the go.
I happen to love them, and these are going on my big list of pull apart slider recipes!
While my mind is on field meals because another tractor just rolled by my window…these buffalo chicken sliders are ah-mazing for game day eats, too!
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders are such a good field meal. If you’re looking for more of those, you should definitely check out my 101 On the Go Meal Ideas
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders Ingredients:
Hot Sauce: You can use whatever kind you have in your fridge, though Frank’s Red Hot is my favorite. There’s no need to buy buffalo chicken sauce, you probably already have everything you need!
Flavorings for buffalo sauce: unsalted butter and garlic powder.
Chicken Breasts: Plain boneless, skinless chicken works well.
Cream Cheese: You could omit this ingredient if you want. I like it because it helps hold all the buffalo chicken together.
Hawaiian Rolls or slider buns: Hawaiian rolls are basically pillowy soft and sweet rolls. Our kids generally pop them into their mouths like candy at every holiday meal in an effort to bypass the main meal we’ve prepared.
You can even make your own Homemade Hawaiian Rolls!
Slider buns are mini sandwich rolls that I usually find in the deli section at our grocery store, though placement may vary where you are.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Slow Cooker Method: If you’re making these in the slow cooker, it’s super easy! Add everything except the cream cheese to the slow cooker. Cook until the chicken is done and registers 165° F.
I use a meat thermometer almost every day of my life for things like this!
Shred the chicken using two forks and return to your crock. Stir in the cream cheese until melty. Top slider buns with the buffalo chicken mixture.
Shortcut Method: If you’ve been following me for a while, you know my philosophy is work smarter, not harder.
And you also know that I say to cook a whole chicken or big batch of chicken a few times a month to use shredded chicken for sandwiches and casseroles. I think you know where we’re going here…
You can fast track it to your sandwiches. Here’s how…
If you have pre-cooked chicken, skip straight to your stovetop. Add the buffalo sauce ingredients and heat over medium heat until they’re melty. That’s the technical word.
Add the shredded chicken and give it a little toss to coat everything and heat through.
Add the warmed buffalo chicken to your slider buns and top with your choice of ingredients.
What to serve with easy buffalo chicken sliders:
You can serve shredded buffalo chicken sliders on Hawaiian rolls or slider buns that you find in the deli or bread aisle.
I add a drizzle of ranch dressing and maybe a pickle or two – just because. If blue cheese dressing is your thing, then go with that!
I like to serve hot chicken sliders with coleslaw, potato chips or creamy potato salad.
What kind of cheese goes best with buffalo chicken?
Cheese, my friends, makes my world go round.
I’m gonna go with Team Swiss on this chicken sandwich, but my husband would argue for Team cheddar. Really, you can’t go wrong. And if cheese isn’t your thing, you can leave it off.
Other Slider Recipes:
Save these buffalo chicken sliders to pinterest!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 12 Hawaiian rolls or slider buns
- Ranch dressing, for topping (optional)
Slow Cooker Method:
- Combine chicken, butter, garlic powder and hot sauce in your crock pot. Go ahead, dump them in!
- Cook for 4-5 hours on low until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to shred with two forks or using an electric mixer.
- Return to sauce mixture add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and incorporated.
Serve shredded buffalo chicken on buns and top with ranch dressing if desired.
Fast Track Method:
- Combine hot pepper sauce, unsalted butter, garlic powder and cream cheese in a large skillet. Heat over medium heat, stirring until ingredients are melted and combined.
- Add cooked, shredded chicken and stir to incorporate. Coat the chicken in the sauce. Top slider buns with chicken mixture and serve.
Note: portion size is per slider. People will probably eat more than one slider.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g