Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole is cheesy buffalo chicken made lower carb by using spaghetti squash. Bake it up in under 30 minutes!
I love, LOVE buffalo chicken anything. Once I passed my teenage years and realized buffalo wings were in fact made with chicken, not buffalo, I fully embraced all things buffalo flavored.
Yep, I love all of it.
I'll also have you know this is one of the very first casseroles I put on this website.
I don't have anything against casseroles - in fact I really, really like them.
So Buffalo Spaghetti Squash? County me in!!!
Luckily, this healthy buffalo chicken spaghetti squash trends towards the healthier side I'm eating these days.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
For this recipe to come together in under 30 minutes, you'll want to have your spaghetti squash already cooked.
- cooked spaghetti squash, seeds removed
- softened cream cheese
- cooked, shredded chicken breast - you could use chicken thighs too. This is a great way to put rotisserie chicken to use!
- buffalo hot sauce - my favorite is Frank's buffalo sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- powdered ranch dressing
- green onions - for topping and garnish
* My go to brand is Frank's Red Hot but I know you'll have some particular ideas of what the "perfect" hot sauce is.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
Here is a post that shows how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave and another to cook whole spaghetti squash in the oven.
You can cook it whichever way you like it!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large glass bowl, combine your cooked spaghetti squash, cream cheese, shredded chicken and hot sauce in a large glass bowl. Microwave mixture for 30 seconds, then stir.
Microwave another 30 seconds and stir.
Add shredded cheddar cheese, celery and 1 teaspoon powdered ranch dressing.
Stir to combine.
Transfer to a casserole dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
Top with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese or a drizzle of blue cheese dressing, if desired.
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This delicious recipe is a perfect way to utilize leftover cooked chicken.
You can also make an Instant Pot Whole Chicken ahead of time, or you can stop by the store and pickup a rotisserie chicken.
Totally up to you!
Similar to my Swedish meatball casserole, you can also assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate until baking.
The leftovers reheat well, too, making it a great options for work lunch meal prep. Truthfully, we don't often have leftovers of this, though!
More spaghetti squash recipes
More Healthy Dinner Recipes You'll Love
If you make this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, leave a recipe rating or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash seeds removed and cooked
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese softened
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce such as Frank's hot sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon powdered ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine cooked spaghetti squash, cream cheese, shredded chicken and hot sauce in a large glass bowl. Microwave mixture for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave another 30 seconds and stir.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese and 1 teaspoon powdered ranch dressing. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday