This creamy, healthy broccoli slaw recipe is an awesome side dish on its own or as or sandwich or wrap ingredient!
This super quick recipe is perfect for those nights you want a light and tasty side dish without pulling out another pot or pan. Just toss the ingredients into a large bowl and give it a quick stir to combine ~ and viola! You have a satisfying side dish or a crunchy filling for sandwiches or lettuce wraps.
I know lots of farm families love their meat and potatoes – us included. But we are always trying ways to eat just a little healthier and get some vegetables into all of us.
This is one of the best broccoli salads I’ve ever had. It’s light, crisp, crunchy and seriously quite delicious!
If you’re gonna eat healthy, you may as well make it delicious!
What is broccoli slaw?
Broccoli slaw is a mixture of broccoli stems, carrots, and cabbage. It’s sold in a bag in the produce aisle and when it comes to easy meal prep, you can’t beat it.
Because as much as I love this healthy broccoli slaw recipe, I’m not about to shred all that produce!
Shredded broccoli slaw is a nutritional powerhouse. For my Weight Watchers friends, each portion is only 2 points!
How to make healthy broccoli slaw
This skinny slaw is so easy, there’s really not much to say!
You don’t even need to dirty more than one bowl. Simply add broccoli slaw, parsley, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and celery seed to a large glass bowl, stir until everything is mixed together.
Give it a little taste and season with a touch of salt and pepper.
I love this easy recipe because it actually gets a little better as it sits. It also tends to soften the slaw mixture just a bit.
It’s an awesome side for lunches, a dish to take to a group potlucks or picnic or as an add on to my Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps!
Other healthy side dishes you’ll love:
- Oven Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
- Asparagus & Green Bean Salad
- Creamy Mayo Free Potato Salad
Join my FREE Kitchen Nook Community where busy moms and farm wives connect, share meal ideas and support each other!
Super Easy Crisp & Healthy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- 1 12 oz. bag broccoli slaw
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp whole celery seed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add broccoli slaw, parsley, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and celery seed to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for a couple hours to chill, if desired. Enjoy!