These Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs are an easy and yummy recipe that’s perfect as a quick lunch on a hot day!
It’s a great bacon infused twist on a classic hotdog!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Super Fast - No need to chase down the Oscar Meyer wiener mobile! These hotdogs only take about 10 minutes to make. You get crisp bacon on the outside and juicy hotdogs on the inside in a fraction of the time it takes in the oven. Plus, I find the air fryer gives food such good color.
- Perfect for Gatherings - Potlucks, cookouts, birthday parties, you name it! These bacon-wrapped hotdogs are great for any occasion, even a busy weeknight.
- Easy Cleanup - My air fryer is, hands down, one of my favorite appliances to use. It is easy, requires almost no maintenance, and is by far the quickest to clean. By now we’ve established that I avoid washing dishes at all costs, and an air fryer helps with that tremendously.
This is such an easy, crowd-pleasing recipe that I make it any chance I get! It’s great for picky eaters, and you get to dress it up with any toppings you like. Serve them with Broccoli Slaw Salad, Orzo Salad with Pesto or Cowboy Baked Beans and you really have a party.
Here's what you need to grab at your grocery store run.
- Hot Dogs - You can use any kind of hot dog you prefer.
- Bacon - Seriously, you can’t go wrong with bacon. Applewood smoked, original, all work great. Use real pork bacon, though. Turkey bacon isn’t the same.
- Hot dog buns
See recipe card for quantities.
These are easy to prepare and cook fast!
Step 1: Wrap the Hotdogs. Take 1 slice of uncooked bacon and wrap it around the hotdog. Cover it completely and avoid overlapping the bacon so every bit gets nice and crispy and cooks evenly.
Step 2: Cook the Hotdogs. Preheat your air fryer. Place the bacon-wrapped hotdogs in the air fryer basket without overcrowding them. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or a little longer. This will depend on how crisp you would like the bacon to be.
Tip: Depending on your air fryer model, you may need to cook the hot dogs in batches.
Serve these juicy hotdogs wrapped with bacon any way you like!
- Ketchup, mustard, or even a drizzle of mayonnaise are always great options.
- Diced onion, fresh jalapeno, or tomatoes are our favorite veggies for these hotdogs.
- Add a creamy coleslaw or a hearty chili.
- Pickle relish or sauerkraut for a little tang.
- You can never go wrong with cheese! Cheddar cheese is my favorite cheese, but you can also use a mixed cheese blend.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in a resealable bag for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 400°F just to heat them through.
These could also be made ahead of time and frozen. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the air fryer to heat the hot dog and crispy the bacon. Add to a bun and serve!
If you use thicker hot dogs or thick cut bacon, cooking time will increase.
How to Serve Hotdogs Wrapped with Bacon
Hot dogs are a simple food, so why not keep it simple with serving! Add a handful of your favorite pretzels or potato chips is perfect.
I love making Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges as a side dish, too!
You can do this in two ways. The first being placing the hotdogs in the air fryer where the ends of the bacon are on the bottom, which should keep them in place while they crisp. Or, you can use toothpicks.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with bacon wrapped hot dogs in the air fryer:
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 hot dog buns
- Wrap each uncooked hotdog with 1 slice of uncooked bacon. Completely wrap the hotdog without overlapping the bacon so it cooks evenly.
- Place each wrapped hotdog in the air fryer basket and cook at 400°f for 10-12 minutes depending on how cooked you prefer your bacon.
- Remove hotdogs from the air fryer and let sit for 1 minute.
- Add the hot dogs to the hot dog buns and serve.