Simple ingredients and easy shortcuts make roasted asparagus and green beans a delicious, family friendly side dish you'll make again and again.
Friends, I know you're all about keeping things simple.
And what better way to mix up your spring and summertime vegetable routine than with a side dish that cooks in under 10 minutes?
Shortcuts for Roasted Asparagus & Green Beans
I almost called calling recipe an asparagus and roasted green bean salad, but I was afraid it might scare off the kiddos. So let's call this a side dish, shall we???
I'm all for recipes that are from scratch, but I know we can all use some help now and then.
Check out the shortcuts available in this easy recipe:
- Hard boiled eggs - these are available at most grocery stores. Or, do what I do and make a batch of hard boiled eggs in your Instant Pot at the beginning of the week. They're easy to throw into salads or as a grab and go breakfast or snack.
- Precooked bacon - Find this at the grocery store or make bacon ahead of time. I like to make a double batch on a weekend and keep some in the fridge. It will also freeze really well and you can pull out the four slices you need for this recipe.
- Prepared salad dressing - while it's great to make your own dressing, it's not always realistic on a busy night. Use what you already in your fridge!
Any vinaigrette will do but I like a balsamic vinaigrette the best for this dish.
Here's how to make this simple side dish
This recipe is an awesome way to use summer's fresh produce!
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
Use equal parts asparagus and green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on a sheet pan.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Let cool, then transfer to serving bowl.
Drizzle the green beans and asparagus with balsamic dressing and toss gently to combine.
Top with bacon and hard boiled eggs. Yes, I said BACON. You're welcome.
You can serve this dish at at room temperature, or chilled.
- Oven Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
- Mayo Free Potato Salad
- Creamy Old Fashion Potato Salad
- Maple BBQ Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Summer Corn Salad with Tomatoes
Just in time for spring, this asparagus and green bean salad is sure to go onto your meal plan rotation!
Roasted Asparagus and Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of your favorite balsamic salad dressing
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop green beans and asparagus into 1-2 inch pieces.
Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on a sheet pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Let cool, then transfer to serving bowl.
Drizzle with dressing, toss gently to combine. Top with bacon and hard boiled eggs.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday