Delicious low-carb pulled pork lettuce wraps recipe take only minutes to prepare. Your slow cooker transforms it into an effortless dish your family loves.
AN EASY PORK LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE
Let the slow cooker do the heavy lifting when it comes to this easy pork recipe. The combination of spices and rich broth make for a melt in your mouth pork wrap experience.
I love making pork in the slow cooker like slow cooker pork fajitas, pork tenderloin and more!
This healthy and simple pulled pork wrap is flavored with onion, garlic, and some flavor packed spices like fennel and cocoa.
It’s a perfect handheld meal, whether made as a pulled pork lettuce wrap or in a whole grain tortilla wrap.
INGREDIENTS FOR PULLED PORK WRAPS
- pork shoulder, a cut of pork which lends itself to slow cooking or braising
- easy pantry spices - onion and garlic powder, dried rosemary, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper for just a hint of heat.
- ground fennel seeds for an unexpected depth of flavor
- cocoa powder to enrich and enhance the flavors
- chicken broth, so the pork doesn't dry out
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY PORK LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE
Step 1: Prepare your spice rub
In a small bowl combine all the spices and add a little salt & pepper to suit your taste. I absolutely love these meal prep bowls and use them all the time!
Step 2: Season the pork shoulder
Rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder. Don't be shy, give it a good rubdown! Then place the spice rubbed pork into a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
Step 3: Add moisture
Add the chicken broth along side the pork. I don't like to pour it directly on the meat as it can remove the spice blend from the top.
Step 4: Shred the pork
Once the roast is cooked completely, use two forks to pull the pork apart while it is still in the slow cooker. Let the pork hang out with the juices for a few minutes to let the flavors meld and soak up.
HOW TO SERVE PULLED PORK WRAPS
These wraps are sure to become part of your monthly meal rotation. They're a great on the go meal option, too!
To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with some crunchy broccoli slaw and top with some pulled pork. Enjoy!
And if the farmer or family members in your life aren't up for a lettuce wrap sandwich, go ahead and put it onto a bun, or in a tortilla.
It's still delicious and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
MAKE IT AS A FREEZER MEAL
This seriously is some low carb comfort food you'll love all year long. Why not make a ready to cook batch in advance and enjoy as a weeknight meal?
The recipe below has easy make ahead meal instructions.
Other recipes you'll love:
- Easy Pork Stir Fry: Busy Night Meal
- Chili Lime Pork Medallions
- 13 Amazing Pork Shoulder Recipes
- Simple Spice Rubbed Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- One Skillet Pork Tenderloin with Apples
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup. chicken broth
- 8 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- Combine all spices and the cocoa in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder and transfer to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Add the chicken broth to the crock and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6.
- Once the cooking time is complete, use two forks to pull the pork apart while it is still in the slow cooker crock. Allow the pulled pork to remain in the juices with the slow cooker set to “warm” for 20-30 minutes to absorb more flavor.
- To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with some crunchy broccoli slaw > and top with some pulled pork. Enjoy!
This Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I will receive part of the sale as a commission. This helps me continue to bring you lots of family friendly recipes from our farm!!
Low Carb Pork Recipes:
- Keto Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry with Cashews