Crustless Quiche Lorraine is a light and fluffy breakfast or brunch dish. It’s full of creamy eggs, cream, nutty Swiss cheese and salty bacon. It's perfect for a holiday breakfast or reheated for an easy weekday mornings!
I love crustless quiche. Not regular quiche, but crustless quiche.
I didn’t used to be a breakfast person. Somewhere along the line, that all changed. And one of my favorite things to make are egg recipes.
Whether it's mini blueberry muffins or banana bread muffins, or a hearty gluten free breakfast casserole slice, I can’t think of a better way to start the day than with a delicious breakfast - like a slice of crustless quiche lorraine!
What is quiche lorraine?
Quiche Lorraine originated in France and included cheese, meat, seafood or vegetables. There was also a variety that included lardons or bacon.
I don't have lardons hanging around in my kitchen, do you???!? But I always, always have bacon!
Anyway, this form of quiche became popular in the United States in the 1950's and we're still digging it today!
Here’s why I love this recipe
- It’s low fuss and easy to make
- Crustless quiche is lower in carbs and big on protein. Why do I care about this? It’ll keep me full right up to lunch time, without weighing me down.
- It practically screams "brunch!"
- Bake it ahead of time and reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave. How easy is that??
The recipe for a crustless quiche is super easy to assemble.
- green onions, chopped
- shredded Swiss cheese - Gruyere cheese can also be used
- half and half - heavy cream or milk can be substituted
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- bacon, cooked and crumbled - you can save time with my make ahead bacon recipe!
How to Make Crustless Quiche Lorraine:
Cooking this crustless quiche is as easy as 1-2-3! Cook the bacon ahead of time and save on meal prep time.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie dish or other round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil.
Step 2: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients EXCEPT bacon. stir to combine. Add crumbled bacon to your greased baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
Add chopped green onion tops for color, reserving a few for garnish.
Step 3: Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until eggs in the center are set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting to serve.
Tips for Crustless Quiche Lorraine
At the end of the cooking time, your quiche will be very puffy and somewhat tall. When you pull it out of the oven, it will deflate as it cools. Do Not freak out. You've done nothing wrong!! It'll settle into it's little quiche bed and be perfect for eating.
I like to make bacon ahead of time and store it in my freezer. It comes in super handy for recipes like this quiche.
This crustless quiche can be made ahead of time and reheated, making it perfect for brunches, holidays breakfasts and make ahead breakfast for busy weeknight mornings.
How to Reheat low carb quiche lorraine:
This healthy Crustless Quiche recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated. Just add a slice to a microwave plate and heat for about 30 seconds, depending on your microwave settings.
Is this recipe low carb?
Yes, it's a low carb quiche - only three carbs per serving! Double it up and you’re still only at 6 carbs.
Can I freeze crustless quiche for later?
Yep, you can freeze this crustless quiche before or after you cook it.
To freeze it uncooked, simply add the recipe contents to a freezer safe zip-top bag. Remove excess air, label and freeze.
When you're ready to cook it, simply thaw, add to your greased pan, and bake as usual.
You can also freeze the quiche after baking. Consider freezing individual slices for easy breakfast for one! Just wrap it in plastic wrap or add to a freezer storage container. Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat briefly in the microwave!
How should I store leftovers?
This quiche can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature. Leftovers should be covered and refrigerated. They'll keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
What to serve with crustless quiche lorraine?
If I'm serving this for brunch, I love to serve a simple green salad or some oven roasted broccoli alongside it. My husband would argue that some diced potatoes or hash browns should accompany it.
Other Easy Egg Recipes
- Crustless Sausage Quiche
- Low Carb Crustless Quiche with Bacon, Broccoli and Cheddar
- Egg Omelet Muffins
Be sure to check out my post with Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas, too!
Leave a comment below on this healthy quiche lorraine recipe! I'd love to hear from you.
Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- dash of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions chopped (tops only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a pie pan or other round baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT bacon and stir to combine.
- Add crumbled bacon to your greased baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Add chopped green onion tops for color, reserving a few for garnish.
- Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until eggs in the center are set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting to serve.