Low Carb Breakfast Casserole with Bacon is a perfect make ahead dish! We make this keto breakfast casserole with bacon, broccoli and cheese all the time.
Make Ahead Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
Around here, make ahead breakfast ideas are kind of a big deal.
Because my mantra is this…Coffee first, breakfast second. Let me explain…
Have you seen the t-shirt that says, “Mama needs more coffee”? Well, I’m 99.9 percent sure that shirt was created for me.
Here’s the thing.
Our four year old climbs into bed with us every single night. It’s not like he doesn’t have a perfectly comfy bed in his own room.
I know, I know. It’s my fault. Don’t judge. Or heck, judge if you want. It doesn’t matter, it’s just the facts for now. We are a work in progress.
By my estimation, I haven’t had a proper night’s sleep in, oh, let’s say about seven years. Before his kindergarten aged sister was born. It’s been a while.
So again, repeat after me. Coffee first, breakfast second.
Picture this….Warm, juicy bits of crumbled bacon, vibrant, green broccoli florets and creamy, melty Cheddar cheese.
Is your mouth watering yet? We’re about to make this happen!
Ingredients in low carb breakfast casserole
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Broccoli florets
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon cooked and crumbled
- Heavy cream
- Seasonings – onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper
How to Make Low Carb Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
This is a great breakfast casserole to make as part of your meal prep.
Here’s how it’s going down:
Step 1: Saute the broccoli
Heat oil in a nonstick pan, then add the broccoli and cook until the broccoli cooks partially and is bright green.
Shortcut: use steamable broccoli from the freezer section and drain to skip this step.
Spread cooked broccoli in the casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar and bacon.
Step 2: Prepare the egg mixture
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with heavy cream and spices. Gently pour over the broccoli, cheese and bacon.
Step 3: Bake the casserole
Bake the casserole for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are set in the middle and lightly browned on the top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into squares.
Refrigerate leftovers. To reheat, microwave for about 30 seconds until just heated through.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until the broccoli softens slightly and turns bright green.
- Remove from heat and transfer broccoli to prepared casserole dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon and side aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheddar, and bacon and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is set and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
Other low carb breakfast recipes:
- Low Carb Crustless Sausage Quiche
- 63 Delicious Answers to What Can You Make with Eggs?
- Egg Omelet Muffins