Healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies are a wonderful addition to your weekly meal plan! Bananas, almonds, and berries make this a kid friendly breakfast treat.
What if I told you that you could feed your kids cookies for breakfast???
Sounds too good to be true, right? But today, this is going down!
Healthy Make Ahead Breakfast Cookies
Banana oatmeal breakfast cookies are a fabulous make ahead breakfast treat the whole family will enjoy.
Let’s be real here for a moment. Our kids, especially the littles, are what I’ll call “free-range” diners.
Sitting still for a meal when there’s a day full of possibilities is almost too much to ask of these bundles of energy.
That’s where these banana oatmeal breakfast cookies come into play. They’re make ahead and are perfect for grab and go breakfasts!
How to Make a Breakfast Cookie
These gluten free breakfast cookies have only real, good for you ingredients.
Shhhh, don’t tell the kids!
We’re making this breakfast recipe with:
- Ripe bananas mashed
- Whole rolled oats
- Almond butter (or peanut butter, if you prefer)
- Honey (local if you have it!)
- Dried cranberries
- Spices – specifically vanilla extract, cinnamon and a touch of salt
Then, we simply mix everything up in a bowl and bake at 325 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
This is a great recipe to have the kids get involved with baking! These cookies don’t have to look perfect.
And in my experience, I find that kids will eat more of what they help make. At the very least, they’ll try a bite or two of something new!
Hey, we take our wins where we can, right???
Variations for Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
I love that they use almond butter, for my cutie pie niece Lauren has a peanut allergy. Luckily, she can enjoy these!
If you’d like to substitute regular peanut butter, you certainly can!
To keep them on the healthier side, opt for a natural style of nut butter, no matter which you choose.
You could also substitute dried blueberries, cherries or other fruits for the dried cranberries
These breakfast cookies will keep in a covered container for a week.
Get ahead of your morning routine – it’s time to get baking!
Made with love,
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2½ cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325˚. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Scoop ¼-cup mounds of the batter onto the parchment paper and bake for 17–20 minutes, until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 40mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 17gProtein 5g
Other healthy breakfasts you’ll enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Make Ahead Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
- Overnight Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on them or purchase an item I recommend I might receive a small bonus at no cost to you. I only recommend products I love and use in our family’s kitchen. Thanks for supporting This Farm Girl Cooks when you shop!