Overnight stuffed French toast is a make ahead breakfast delight! Assemble this easy casserole recipe the night before, then bake up for a weekend or holiday brunch.
Just when you think French toast can't get any better, we're stuffing full of cream cheese and orange marmalade, then giving it an overnight soak in all the egg and milk goodness of french toast.
We ate a ton of French toast growing up, but making it as an overnight casserole is hands down my favorite way. It's easier to make, you end up with a clean kitchen, and you don't have to flip a single slice!
How to Make Overnight Stuffed French Toast
When I see a recipe for stuffed pork chops or stuffed chicken, does it sound complicated? It does to me!
But this recipe, it's super easy to assemble!
Basically, we're taking two slices of raisin bread, though you can use any kind of bread you'd like.
We're smearing it with a healthy portion of cream cheese and adding some orange marmalade. See what we just did there? We made a sandwich!
And.....repeat, repeat, repeat.
Next up, combine your eggs, milk and vanilla to make the custard that goes over the top.
Give it a cover and pop it in the fridge. While you're sleeping, the whole dish is soaking up all that goodness...
Come morning, all you have to do is preheat the oven and throw that bad boy in!
Stuffed French Toast Variations:
You can change up what kind of stuffing you put in your French toast. Use a flavored cream cheese, or use a different jam like raspberry, blueberry or strawberry.
How about adding some rum extract instead of vanilla extract?
And while I love the extra texture and spice in raisin bread, brioche, challah, or plain old bread would be tasty too!
You may want to add a pinch of cinnamon to your liquid ingredients if you change up the bread.
Other recipes for your weekend brunch
- Honey Biscuit Ham Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Breakfast Burritos
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Breakfast Braid with Ham, Eggs and Cheese
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
Overnight Stuffed French Toast
A french toast bake with cream cheese, savory bread and zesty orange marmalade
- 12 slices raisin bread
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread cream cheese on 6 slices of raisin bread. Spread orange marmalade on top of cream cheese. Lay the six slices of coated bread into the casserole dish. Top with remaining six slices of bread.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat with a whisk to combine, then pour the egg and milk mixture over the bread.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the casserole 30-60 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes until eggs are set and bread is golden brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 12g
Shared on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck
Leave a Reply