If you’re looking for a hearty breakfast or dinner option, you’ll need to make my Low-Carb Sausage and Cheese Quiche!!!
Summertime is a slower time on the farm for me. Also, our kids are home on break from school which means I’m cooking even more than usual. At some point, even I run through all my cold lunch ideas!
Luckily, hungry teenagers make great recipe critics!
I’ve also been trying to cut the processed foods and excess carbs out of my diet. Hence, the low carb part. While we’ve been loving Air Fryer Italian Sausage and Peppers, we also need a low carb breakfast!
Why I love to make this crustless sausage quiche:
- It’s easy to make.
- It’s a stick-to-your-ribs in a good kinda way, so you’ll stay full for a while. But not in a food coma, I need a nap sort of way.
- It makes the house smell amazing!!
- It has cheese.
- It can be field friendly, for my farmer friends. Put a slice between toast or on a biscuit and your farmers can keep on driving while enjoying a delicious meal.
- Did I mention it has cheese???
- You can make it as a freezer meal. Say what??? Yes! You can brown the sausage, let it cool, and throw all the ingredients into a gallon ziplock bag. Freezer it for later. Pull it out, throw it in a dish, and viola! you have breakfast. Or dinner. Or lunch.
- It’s low in carbs, if that’s your sort of thing. It is for me!
- It’s made of real food ingredients! Nothing weird goin’ on here…
Or if you like it a little more golden brown, it can look like this!
How to make this sausage and egg bake:
All you have to do is brown some sausage in an oven-proof pan, add the remaining ingredients, and let this baby bake! It’s very hands off.
Like I said before, this is a pretty hearty meal. If you prefer a lower fat version, by all means use turkey sausage or even turkey Italian sausage!
I like to make this in my favorite Lodge cast iron skillet. I swear, things taste better when they’re cooked in cast iron!
Even better, crustless sausage and cheese quiche can be made as a freezer meal! Make one for a meal and freezer another to cook another day.
Trust me on this, freezer meals will make busy night dinners so much simpler! Simple, good. Not so simple, not too good.
Other breakfast recipes:
- Crustless Quiche with Bacon
- Sausage Egg Potato Breakfast Bowls
- Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- Low Carb Make Ahead Oven Baked Eggs
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole with Bacon Broccoli and Cheddar
What to serve with crustless sausage quiche
I love a cup of fresh strawberries or blueberries on the side.
Want even more dinnertime inspiration? Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you my FREE Dinnertime Guide! It’s full of tips and ideas!
That’s it for now, I’ll be talking to you soon!
- 16 ounces pork sausage, browned and drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 eggs, beaten
- dash of hot sauce, optional
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet or other oven-safe skillet, brown meat and drain. Allow to cool slighly, then return to pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add egg mixture to the sausage in the skillet.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until eggs in the center are set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting to serve.
To make as a freezer meal:
Brown and drain sausage, allow to cool.
Place in a gallon size ziplock bag and add remaining ingredients.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 15gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 677mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g
Shared on Meal Plan Monday