If you’re looking for a hearty breakfast or dinner option, you’ll need to make my Low-Carb Sausage and Cheese Quiche!!!
Summertime is a slower time on the farm for me. Also, our kids are home on break from school which means I’m cooking even more than usual. Hungry teenagers make great recipe critics!
I’ve also been trying to cut the processed foods and excess carbs out of my diet. Hence, the low carb part. Obviously…:)
Here’s why you need to make this crustless sausage quiche:
- It’s easy to make.
- It’s a stick-to-your-ribs in a good kinda way, so you’ll stay full for a while. But not in a food coma, I need a nap sort of way.
- It makes the house smell amazing!!
- It has cheese.
- It can be field friendly, for my farmer friends. Put a slice between toast or on a biscuit and your farmers can keep on driving while enjoying a delicious meal
- Did I mention it has cheese???
- You can make it as a freezer meal. Say what??? Yes! You can brown the sausage, let it cool, and throw all the ingredients into a gallon ziplock bag. Freezer it for later. Pull it out, throw it in a dish, and viola! you have breakfast. Or dinner. Or lunch.
- It’s low in carbs, if that’s your sort of thing. It is for me!
- It’s made of real food ingredients! Nothing weird goin’ on here…
All you have to do is brown some sausage in an oven-proof pan, add the remaining ingredients, and let this baby bake! It’s very hands off.
Like I said before, this is a pretty hearty meal. If you prefer a lower fat version, by all means use turkey sausage or even turkey Italian sausage!
I like to make this in my favorite Lodge cast iron skillet. I swear, things taste better when they’re cooked in cast iron!
Even better, crustless sausage and cheese quiche can be made as a freezer meal! Make one for a meal and freezer another to cook another day. Trust me on this, freezer meals will make busy night dinners so much simpler! Simple, good. Not so simple, not too good.
Other low-carb recipes:
- Crustless Quiche with Bacon
- Low Carb Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
- Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Hot Reuben Dip
- Low Carb Make Ahead Oven Baked Eggs
- Asparagus & Green Bean Salad
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole with Bacon Broccoli and Cheddar
Want even more dinnertime inspiration? Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you my FREE Dinnertime Guide! It’s full of tips and ideas!
That’s it for now, I’ll be talking to you soon!
Crustless Sausage and Cheese Quiche
- 16 ounces pork sausage browned and drained
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 eggs beaten
- dash of hot sauce optional
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet or other oven-safe skillet, brown meat and drain. Allow to cool slighly, then return to pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add egg mixture to the sausage in the skillet.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until eggs in the center are set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting to serve.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday