Easy Banana Bread Muffins are delicious and have bunches of banana taste. Friends and family love these and they can be made ahead of time and frozen.
Better yet, these super moist banana bread muffins can be made ahead of time and frozen for later. They are the perfect add on for snacks, lunches and taking on the go.
How do you make banana bread muffins?
Now I don’t mean to be impartial, but these came straight outta my Grandma’s weathered metal recipe box. In case you haven’t figured it out, that makes this the best banana bread recipe ever.
So of course, my friends, I wanted to share it with you.
I like this recipe because it’s simple and even though it has sugar, butter and other deliciousness, it has ingredients coming straight from your kitchen.
You KNOW what these are made of, and they don’t have the chemically, shelf stable flavor so many of the store bought muffins have.
It’s a pretty standard recipe…
Stir together your dry ingredients – in this case your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, mash up very ripe bananas with a fork.
Tip: Remember, this isn’t the time for a banana beauty pageant. We want ripe, sweet bananas that look like this. Or worse.
Using a mixer, beat the sugar and softened butter until creamy and light in color. Add the egg to combine, then the bananas.
I liked using these mini muffin pans for our preschooler snacks. (The big kids would eat a dozen of these!)
Want to mix things up a bit? Try these variations:
- add chocolate chips to the batter
- add chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter
- make as a loaf instead of muffins
- freeze for later to gift to a friend or for when unexpected company stops by.
Throw a few muffins into the lunch box or tractor cab of someone you love!
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
Easy Banana Bread Muffins
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a liner in muffin pans.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat to combine. Add bananas.
- In four batches, beat in flour mixture until incorporated. Divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from muffin pans and cool on a wire rack.
— Fold in 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips to final batter.
— Add chopped pecans or walnuts to final batter
— Bake as a loaf instead of muffins To Freeze: Place cooled muffins in an airtight container. Freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw and serve.