We love meal prepping egg omelet muffins. Loaded with veggies and turkey sausage, this low carb breakfast is a healthy grab and go option!
Morning time at our house is a form of organized chaos. Strike that, UNorganized chaos.
Between my husband I getting ready for our work days and the kids getting ready for school, it's an all out scramble.
Get it??? Scramble??? Ahhhh....
So it is no wonder that I am ALL about the make ahead breakfast ideas, including these omelet muffins.
Ingredients in healthy omelet muffins
My recipe below calls for spinach, bell peppers, eggs and turkey sausage.
You can customize them with ingredients to even please the pickiest of eaters and they're super easy to make.
And if that's not enough, you can make these egg cups ahead of time and refrigerate them or freeze them for later!
How to make Omelet Muffins
The steps are the same no matter what fillings you put in your omelet muffin.
Grease your muffin tin and preheat the oven
Whisk eggs and add other desired meats, veggies or cheeses
Fill muffin cups just over halfway
Bake until done in the center
That's all there is to it!
Oh, and somewhere, I have some fancy-dancy egg muffin photos that I took when I obviously had too much time on my hands.
For now, you'll have to do with this week's meal prep photo. If you find where they went, be sure to let me know!
Other make ahead egg recipes you'll love:
- Egg McMuffin Sandwich
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls
- Gluten Free Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Bombs with Sausage, Egg and Cheese
Egg Omelet Muffins
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers diced
- 8 eggs whisked
- 1 cup cooked turkey breakfast sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
TO MAKE FRESH
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add remaining ingredients.
- Ladle or pour egg mixture into cups, filling just over halfway full.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle. You can check for doneness by inserting a knife into the center.
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL
- Whisk eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Add to a labeled, gallon size freezer bag. Remove excess air and lay flat to freeze.
- Cook as outlined above.
Leftovers can be frozen and thawed overnight.