My Cheesesteak Sliders have thin beef paired with cooked peppers, onions and mushrooms. The whole sandwich party is topped with Provolone cheese and baked inside a slider bun.
From a football tailgate to a field meal it’s This hearty sandwich is guaranteed to please whether it’s as a field meal or at a football tailgate party!
What are Philly Cheese Steak Sliders?
Innnnnnn west Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground was where I spent most of my days….
Oh wait a minute, Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff.. That’s not my theme song. I’m sitting here smack dab in the heartland of America!
So please, don’t get upset if these aren’t your average Philly cheesesteaks. I won’t claim to have the world’s most authentic recipe. No cheese whiz here. Maybe adding mushrooms is sacrilegious.
Heck, I haven’t even been to Philly!
But I do know that these are mind-blowing delicious because people tell me so. And not just in a “let’s be nice” kinda way but in a mouths full and no one talking because they’re so good kind of way.
Basically, these are tender beef sandwiches – more about that and a steak workaround in just a sec – paired with cooked peppers, cheese, mushrooms and onions. We put all this goodness on slider buns and top the whole thing with provolone cheese.
And if you stack two on top of each other I think you’ll agree they look really, really tall.
Why You’ll Love Cheesesteak Sliders
- these sliders are hearty, filling and delicious
- they’re quick and an easy dinner to make that’s family friendly
- easy to make using leftover pot roast or roast beef from the grocery store
- they’re cheesy – no further explantation needed!
Ingredients in Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
- beef, one of my favorite meats and not just because we raise our own beef
- cooked vegetables including mushrooms, bell peppers and onions. Hey, we’re getting our food groups in.
- cheese – my favorite is provolone but you pick what you like!.
- slider rolls – Most grocery stores carry slider buns either in the bread aisle or bakery section. You could make cheesesteak sliders with store bought or homemade Hawaiian rolls, but I found them to be a little too sweet. Just my two cents!
How to Make Cheesesteak Sliders
I love how easy sliders are to make.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally while keeping all the rolls intact.
- Cook your vegetables – the peppers, onions, mushrooms and onions.
- Add some mayonnaise for flavor and to help keep everything moist and delicious.
- Top with cooked, tender sliced beef.
- If the slider buns are over browning, cover loosely with foil.
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
- Baked Italian Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Roast Beef Rollups
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 pound sliced roast beef
- 12 slider buns
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat beef broth and garlic over medium heat. Add roast beef and allow to simmer 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Cook peppers, onions and mushrooms: Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil, peppers, onions and mushrooms. Allow to cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until peppers and onions are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice rolls in half horizontally and add the bottom half to a 9x9 casserole dish. (I find it easiest to keep the slider rolls joined together.) Spread mayonnaise on the bottom half of the rolls. Using tongs, remove the roast beef from the broth and add to the slider rolls. Top with the cooked vegetables and then slices of cheese. Top with the top half of the slider rolls.
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. If tops begin to brown more than you'd like, cover loosely with foil. Cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 739mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g