What does a nice mom get when she makes chicken Parmesan sliders for the first time? Well, I’m about to tell you the comments I received….Those of you with tweens or teens will appreciate this….read on.
“Why have you never made these before?”
“Oh great! Now you start making these when I’m going to college in three years???”
“Can we have these tomorrow night, too?”
In other words, this was a winner, winner chicken dinner. If you also have a desire to make forever hungry and hormonal kids happy AND it’s a meal that cooks in less than 30 minutes, you are rockin’ your way through the dinner hour.
Now I love a traditional chicken parmesan meal, but the whole egg wash & dredge in flour routine can be a little time consuming. Most nights I’m looking to keep things as simple as possible. These are a much more casual spin on this classic Italian dish.
So, let’s get talking about the Chicken Parmesan Sliders game plan.
First of all, I used dinner rolls from the local grocery store. You could use slider buns, which are, from what I can see, basically the same size. You could also use potato buns. Heck, you could make them into burgers and use hamburger buns!
You can do whatever you’d like because it’s a free world and this is food, not politics.
Slice the buns in half and give them a quick, light bath in some butter and garlic powder.
Put them on a baking sheet, then broil just a bit until they’re a warm, toasty golden brown – about 60-90 seconds.
Heat a pan; and while that is warming up, combine your meat and another ingredients. If you’re opposed to sticky chicken hands, you can try wetting your hands just a bit before forming these into patties.
Me, I’m all in and all about efficiency. All hands on deck!
Cook the sliders over medium high heat until cooked through, a few minutes on each side.
Put some shredded mozzarella cheese on your buns. Next, top with the warm burgers and a spoonful of your favorite marinara sauce.
Finally, throw ‘em in the oven for a quick bake; just enough to heat the sauce and melt the cheese.
Slice and eat.
These are seriously good. I loved them, the kids loved them. I love a happy ending!
Give them a try soon.
In addition, they also make an awesome freezer meal. Make a double batch of the slider mixture. Cook one batch for now and freeze the other for later!
Pin it for later here.
- 6 slider buns or dinner rolls, sliced
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
To prepare the buns:
- Combine the melted butter and garlic powder. Brush the insides of the slider buns with the butter mixture.
- Broil 60-90 seconds on high heat until lightly toasted. Set aside.
For the sliders:
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Combine ground chicken, Parmesan and Italian seasoning. Mix gently with your hands.
- Divide portion into 6 sliders. Make into patties.
- Add olive oil to pan. When heated, add the 6 patties and cook, flipping once, until both sides are done.
- Add mozzarella to buns. Top with burgers and marinara sauce.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes, until cheese begins to melt. The heat from the patties will also help the melting process.
- Remove, slice and enjoy!
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL
- Prepare a gallon sized freezer bag by labeling.
- Combine ground chicken, Parmesan and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl. Mix gently with your hands.
- Divide portion into 6 sliders. Make into patties. Add to prepared bag.
- To cook, thaw and cook as instructed above.
The meat mixture can be made into a freezer meal! Just mix, divide into patties and lay flat in a gallon sized zip lock bag. Thaw, cook & enjoy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 411Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 11gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 112mgSodium 728mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 28g
Recipe added to Meal Plan Monday