Juicy and delicious, Ground Turkey Sliders are an easy dinner option. Lean ground turkey is formed into mini patties and cooked up in minutes in a skillet.
Top with a little bit of cranberry mayo and your choice of toppings for a handheld eat!
Why you'll love this recipe
This is a great way to use ground turkey which is commonly found at the grocery store.
It's an easy recipe to make not just during the holidays, but any time you're craving an alternative to ground beef burgers. This would be a great option for a casual friends-giving!
And last, but most importantly, if you're trying to cut back on the Thanksgiving leftovers, but can’t quit cold turkey, this recipe is perfect for you!!
Ingredients in ground turkey burgers
- lean ground turkey
- red onion
- salt and ground black pepper
- ground sage
- olive oil
- 1 cup spring mix greens
- 12 slider buns or Hawaiian Rolls - you can also use small soft dinner rolls or even the cheap (and many times smaller) hamburger buns
- cranberry mayo - optional, included in the recipe card below. You'll need whole cranberry sauce and good old fashioned mayo for this delicious topping.
How to make turkey burger sliders
Make the meat mixture by combining ground turkey, red onion, salt, pepper and sage.
Shape into 12 small slider patties about the size of golf balls. Fore!
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Cook the turkey burgers for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked to a temperature of 165°F.
Serve on mini burger buns with your toppings of choice.
To make ahead of time for meal prep
To cut back on your actual prep time, here are are few ideas to get ahead.
Assemble the turkey burgers and form into patties. Layer between parchment paper or waxed paper and refrigerate, covered until you're ready to cook.
Make the cranberry mayo mixture and set aside.
My favorite way to make these is by topping with cranberry mayo. Because ground turkey breast is a lean meat, the cranberry mayo keeps things moist and makes your taste buds sing!
But one of the best things about cooking at home is that you can play around to find your favorite combinations!
You can play around with caramelized onions or cheese slices. A slice of Monterey jack or a smoked gouda would be delicious!
What to serve with turkey burger sliders
More sandwich recipes
Ham and cheese sliders (funeral sandwiches)
If you make these delicious ground turkey sliders, leave a recipe rating or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Ground Turkey Sliders
- 1.5 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup spring mix greens
- 12 slider buns or Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup whole cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, red onion, salt, pepper and ground sage. Using hands, gently combine ingredients. Shape mixture 12 small turkey burger patties into equal portions, about the size of golf balls. Flatten into turkey burgers slightly larger than your slider bun (they will shrink as they cook)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place turkey burgers into the heated pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees when measured by a meat thermometer. Do not overcook. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and cranberry sauce. Whisk together to make a spread.
- Add the turkey burgers to the slider buns. Spread the top of each roll with cranberry mayo. Top with spring greens and assemble sliders