A fresh marinated green bean salad with tomatoes, feta, and homemade dressing! This healthy side dish is a rainbow of colors and is perfect for family dinners, get together parties and summer cookouts.
If you’re looking for a way to shake up your potlucks and dinnertime, using simple ingredients, then this vegetarian green bean salad is for you.
From kicking off the start of summer with Memorial Day weekend allll the way to Labor Day, it’s a salad you’ll want to keep making again and again
The combination of crunchy green beans, juicy grape tomatoes and salty feta is like a flavor explosion in your mouth. And I mean that in the best possible way, not the 4th of July fireworks kinda way.
Even better, this easy green bean salad can be made ahead of time and you can serve it warm or at room temperature! You know how much I love a make ahead dish.
No scrambling at the last hour, no breaking a sweat trying to throw a last minute dish together for the neighborhood BBQ. That’s a win!
How to Make Marinated Green Bean Salad
Start a large pot of water, add some salt, and get it boiling. Now, before we get started making our perfect green bean salad, here’s a tip.
Listen up because this will make or break your green beans.
Add your green beans to the boiling water and cook them for just a few minutes. We’re talking three minutes or four minutes max. We want the beans to still have a little bite to them so they’ll hold up in the salad dressing.
Right when they’re done cooking, drain the green beans into a strainer and put them into a big bowl of ice water. This prevents them from continuing to cook!
Now, if you’re dying to make this salad and you don’t have fresh green beans, you can use frozen green beans as a substitute. The cooking time is even shorter because they’ve already been blanched. Just a quick dip to thaw them and season them and you’re good to go.
You could even use canned green beans but my personal preference is to use fresh green beans or frozen green beans.
Remove the green beans from the ice water and lay on a towel to dry. Give ’em a little pat to dry them off – you don’t want a watery salad.
Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, and red wine vinegar to the large bowl. Add the green beans and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Gently fold in crumbled Feta cheese.
How to Serve Marinated Green Bean Salad
You can serve marinated green beans immediately, or you can chill the salad and serve cold, making this an awesome meal prep recipe.
Serve this marinated bean salad with pretty much anything you’d throw on the grill or heat in a skillet.
It’s delish. Promise.
Other dishes for cookouts you’ll love:
- Creamy Mayo Free Potato Salad
- Quick & Healthy Pasta Salad Recipes
- 8 Memorial Day Grilling Recipes
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Marinated Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes and Feta
- 1½ lbs. fresh green beans tips removed and cut in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain the green beans and then transfer to a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking. Remove green beans from the ice bath and pat dry before adding to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently fold in crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately. Salad can also be chilled and served cold.