Heads up, friends! Clear some space in your freezer, because you’ll want to stock it with these Honey Dijon Turkey Burgers!
Perfect for busy nights, this make ahead, freezer friendly dinner idea is one you’ll make again and again. I recommend you make a double recipe – one for tonight’s dinner and another to save for later.
My other recommendation is you use a ground turkey variety that has a little fat in it. This will help to ensure you end up with a juicy burger as a final product. No hockey pucks, please!
Now if you’ve been following me for a while, you know I like to stock my freezer with ready to cook meals. This turkey burger recipe one is one of those meals I’m sharing with you!
It’s so easy, it’s almost ridiculous! Combine a few ingredients like ground turkey (of course), dijon, mustard, red onion and a dash of hot sauce. Combine, form into burger patties, and cook on the grill for an awesome grilled turkey burger you can be proud of!
Honey Dijon Turkey Burger photo credit goes to my Mom, Kathy. Thanks, Mom!
If you don’t know what freezer meals are or how to make them, drop me a line and I will hook you up!! Email or my Facebook Page are great to connect with me.
More burger Recipes
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 T finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 4 burger buns
- In a medium bowl, gently combine all ingredients except the burger buns. When mixed, shape into four patties.
- Grill over medium heat 12-15 minutes, turning once. Cook until meat reaches 165 degrees. Serve with desired toppings.
To make as a freezer meal:
- In a medium bowl, gently combine all ingredients except the burger buns. When mixed, shape into four patties.. Form into four patties and freeze in a single layer inside a gallon zip bag. Thaw before grilling as outlined above.
Use ground turkey with some fat content to keep the burgers juicy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g