This Cheesy Corn Casserole recipe is made with Jiffy corn bread mix, and it's been a family favorite for years! This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight recipe but also is fitting of a place on your Thanksgiving dinner table!
Growing up, my Mom sometimes referred to this recipe as "corn soufflé". Let me tell you, we felt very fancy when this dish was brought to the table.
In reality, this cheesy corn casserole recipe is NOT fancy nor is it difficult to prepare, but it IS delicious. In my mind it falls into the same easy food category as good old from scratch green bean casserole.
This recipe uses a box of Jiffy mix, so it's a super easy to assemble and bake.
Cooking mamas, if you want to get the kids involved in the kitchen, Jiffy corn pudding is a great starter recipe!
Why you'll love cheese corn casserole with Jiffy mix
- It's cheesy. I think that the cheese factor alone makes this worth mentioning!
- As always, adapt this recipe to suit your family's needs. You know the random can of corn you have in your pantry? You can drain it and use it in this recipe.
Have a bag of frozen corn in your freezer? Use that!
- There's a touch of sweetness added from the corn bread mix that makes this corn side dish extra special for a holiday meal.
- Did I mention it's easy to make? Soooo easy!! Pair it with any dish like Instant Pot country style ribs and no drain mashed potatoes in the instant pot and you're good to go!
Ingredients in cheesy corn casserole:
The ingredients we're using to make this cheesy corn casserole can almost be counted on one hand. That's right, just six ingredients!
- Creamed corn - for a variety of texture and also added moisture
- Corn kernels - because it is corn casserole after all. You can use fresh corn or frozen corn if you'd like.
- Jiffy Corn muffin Mix - adds another layer of corn flavor, plus a touch of sweetness. Oh, and because I live for shortcuts - don't you?? This is the little white and blue box of cornbread mix.
- Sour cream - adds richness and creaminess
- Eggs - act as a binder and help hold the casserole together
- Cheddar cheese - because who doesn't love a little cheese in their life???
How to make corn casserole:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium sized casserole dish or baking dish.
I like to use a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 inch casserole dish.
Step 2: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add creamed corn, corn kernels and sour cream. Mix and add one package of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
Stir well to combine ingredients and then pour into your casserole dish.
Step 3: Bake for 30 minutes, then add shredded cheddar cheese to the top and cook until melted.
Allow the corn casserole to cool slightly before serving.
See all that cheese??? That's some goodness right there!
How to mix up your cheesy corn casserole:
- Use frozen corn instead of canned corn in this recipe
- You can be assemble this ahead of time and refrigerate. You will need to add about 15 minutes to the cook time
- If you like, you can call it corn soufflé if you want to impress your family (wink, wink!) Or, if that scares your family, you can call it the more approachable Jiffy cornbread casserole.
- Top with fresh chopped green onions
- Use Monterey Jack cheese in place of the cheddar
- Make it in your slow cooker or crock pot. Be sure to really spray down the bottom and sides with a nonstick spray.
- In a pinch you can substitute cream cheese for the sour cream. Your cheesy creamed corn casserole will be slightly thicker and tangier.
A fun variation of this recipe is cowboy cornbread casserole, which is this in a main dish!
How do I store leftovers?
Leftovers should be refrigerated in an airtight container. This yummy casserole is just as delicious the next day!
More Holiday Dinner recipes
These other recipes go with this perfect side dish for your holiday season
- Make Ahead Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Orange Chicken
- Traditional Stuffing Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Cranberry Rice Pilaf
Check out these easy recipes you'll love:
I hope you'll come back and and leave a comment or review once you've made this easy cheesy corn casserole!
This post was originally published on April 9, 2019 and updated on November 2, 2020.
Cheesy Corn Casserole Recipe with Jiffy Mix
- 1 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 15 ounce can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 package Jiffy Corn muffin Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium sized casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add creamed corn, regular corn and sour cream. Mix to combine corn mixture and then add one package of Jiffy Corn Mix.
- Stir well to combine ingredients and then pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then add shredded cheddar cheese to the top and cook until melted and light golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.