This Cheesy Corn Casserole recipe made with Jiffy corn bread mix has been a family favorite for years. This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight recipe but also stands in on the Thanksgiving dinner table!
Growing up, my Mom sometimes referred to this recipe as “corn soufflé“. Let me tell you, we felt very fancy when this dish was brought to the table.
In reality, this cheesy corn casserole recipe is NOT fancy but it IS delicious. Made with Jiffy mix, so it’s a super easy to assemble and bake.
Cooking mamas, if you want to get the kids involved in the kitchen, this is a great starter recipe!
Here’s how to make this corn casserole:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium sized casserole dish.
I don’t have a specific size, but I’m not talking about a 13 x 9 pan, but more of a deeper square or oval casserole dish. Spray it with some non-stick spray.
Excuse me for a moment. I interrupt this post here to share two things about this recipe.
First, I don’t like canned corn, but it doesn’t taste like canned corn in this recipe so….I’ll allow it.
Second, yes I realize Jiffy is a packaged blend. I’ve tried making it completely from scratch but do you know what? I found that I didn’t make it because some nights I can’t be bothered to pull all those ingredients off the shelf. That’s when the magic of the blue and white box comes into play.
Sometimes you just need shortcuts, you know???
Okay, back to the recipe.
In a large bowl, mix creamed corn, canned corn, sour cream and egg. Stir to break up the eggs and mix the liquids. Add one package of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
Stir well to combine ingredients and then pour into your casserole dish.
Bake for 30 minutes, then add shredded cheddar cheese to the top and cook until melted.
Allow the corn casserole to cool slightly before serving.
See all that cheese??? That’s some goodness right there!
How to mix up your cheesy corn casserole:
- You can use frozen corn instead of canned corn in this recipe
- You can be assemble this ahead of time and refrigerate. You will need to add about 15 minutes to the cook time
- If you like, you can call it corn soufflé if you want to impress your family (wink, wink!)
Check out these easy recipes you’ll love:
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
If you make this cheesy corn casserole recipe, tag me at @thisfarmgirlcooks or come back here and share your review. This helps others who check out this recipe, too!Made with love,
Cheesy Corn Casserole Recipe with Jiffy Mix
- 1 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 15 ounce can corn drained
- 1 package Jiffy Corn Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium sized casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix creamed corn, canned corn, sour cream and egg. Stir to break up the eggs and mix the liquids. Add one package of Jiffy Corn Mix.Stir well to combine ingredients and then pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then add shredded cheddar cheese to the top and cook until melted.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.