Chicken Nugget Hack: Easy Chicken Nugget Burritos
I teamed up with Delicious Living to share the perfect chicken nugget hack for your easy weeknight dinners. After all, who doesn’t have a bag of chicken nuggets in their fridge at all times??!?! Ah, there it is, next to the frozen pizza. Emergency food at its finest!
These Easy Chicken Nugget Burritos are the perfect weapon for an easy weeknight dinner. You know the kind of night, when you’ve worked all day, you’re finally running in from soccer/dance/tutoring and Lord knows what else, and the kids are absolutely famished.
Or better yet, the nights when you’re hoping your dreams have come true and you’ll find a personal chef in your kitchen when you walk in your door. Come on, I know we all secretly wish that would happen, right??!? If it happens to you, be sure to let me know!
But in the meantime, I’ve got you covered with my Chicken Nugget Hack.
Want to save this to Pinterest for later? Here you go!
In my book, shortcuts are 100 percent acceptable! Even better are shortcuts that involve frozen chicken nuggets for protein and kid-friendly flavor. And if it’s in the form of a burrito, all the better.
Because all of the ingredients can be prepared ahead of time, you can assemble these on time-strapped evenings and have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes. That’s a win!
Oh, and while we’re talking about family dinnertime, I thought of you and made these conversation starters! They’re a great way to get the kids talking around the table beyond the standard “how was school?” question. Because we all know how that answer goes….“Fine.” Our family loves using these! Cut them out and let everyone pick a secret square!
Okay, back to the chicken nugget hack. If you want to save even more time, use leftover chicken nuggets. Here’s how it works:
- Cook a batch and throw in some extra nuggets!
- Serve your family half and quickly hide the rest. I happen to know from a good source that kids can mow through dozens of these at time…
- Put them in a container and place them in the vegetable drawer. I promise, they won’t look there.
- Create and enjoy!
Related Content: If you like this recipe, you’ll also like my super-simple Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake!
Oh, and by the way, I always love a good deal. If you like Annie’s Chicken Nuggets, I found a coupon here!
Since we all know someone who can use a easy weeknight meal like this, they’d probably be estatic to hear about a chicken nugget hack. By all means, be sure to share! As my kids always say, “Sharing is Caring!!!”
P.S. If you want to receive more recipes and tips to your inbox plus some freebies, be sure to sign up for my newsletter!
- 8 oz frozen chicken nuggets, TRY: Applegate Organic Chicken Nuggets
- 6 8-inch whole-grain tortillas
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- ½ cup bottled salsa
- 1 -2 avocados, diced (optional)
- Toppings: Additional salsa, sour cream, fresh cilantro leaves
- Prepare chicken nuggets according to package directions. Remove from oven; leave oven on. Chop nuggets into pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat lightly with cooking spray. Have a small bowl of water ready.
- Place a tortilla on a paper towel. Top with a few spinach leaves, ¼ cup rice, 1 /6 of the chicken nugget pieces, ¼ cup cheese, a little cumin and chili powder, and a spoonful of salsa down the center. Warm in the microwave for 15–30 seconds. If using, top with avocado.
- Place warmed tortilla with toppings on a flat surface. Using your finger, lightly moisten entire tortilla edge with water. Fold in sides, then roll upward from the bottom edge. Remoisten top edge if needed; roll over top edge to seal. Place, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat process with remaining tortillas and fillings. Place baking sheet with burritos in 200° oven to warm, 5–10 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
PER SERVING (1 burrito): 319 cal, 10g fat (3g mono, 1g poly, 6g sat), 28mg chol, 671mg sodium, 39g carb (3g fiber, 3g sugars), 13g protein
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 319Unsaturated Fat 0g