Easy pumpkin pie bars are super popular at fall & Thanksgiving holidays. These ultra easy pie squares are made with shortbread crust and creamy pie filling.
When I think of Thanksgiving, pumpkin recipes are one of the first things to enter my mind.
These easy pumpkin pie bars with shortbread crust have all the taste of pumpkin pie in a 9 x 13 pan.
This post is in conjunction with Florida Crystals.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
My delicious pumpkin bars recipe is adapted from an old family cookbook that I love to thumb through.
Not only does it have awesome, old school recipes, it has copies of penned recipes from my Grandma and Great Grandma.
That old cookbook is definitely a keepsake I’ll be passing down to our kids!
And today, I’m excited to share these best ever pumpkin squares recipe with you!
Make the Shortbread Crust
Let’s get baking.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and softened butter.
Mix using a fork or a mixer until crumbly and butter is incorporated. Honestly, I just use a fork. I figure I burn some calories that way!
You’ll know the mixture is ready when it clumps when pressed together.
Press the shortbread into an un-greased 9×13 inch pan and bake for 15 minutes.
When it’s done, it will look like the photo below.
Florida Crystals products are available at local retailers
Make the Pumpkin Pie Filling
While the crust is baking, let’s get working on our filling for the pumpkin pie bars.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and spices in a large bowl. Beat well using a whisk or a mixer until smooth.
Again, I choose to use a whisk but you pick whichever you like.
Btw, I wonder how many calories I’m actually burning.
Better make another batch, you know – just to maximize my output….
Anyway, pour the pumpkin mixture over the baked crust. There’s no need to cool the crust, just pour it and pop it back in the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set.
Cool before cutting into squares and serving. Top with whipped cream!
Do you see that crust we made?
I hope you’ll make my easy pumpkin pie bars soon and leave a review to tell me what you think! When you leave comments here, it helps others, too!
Made with love,
P.S. Be sure to check out my Make Ahead Thanksgiving Desserts!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
TO MAKE THE CRUST
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and butter. Mix using a fork or a mixer until crumbly and butter is incorporated (mixture will clump when pressed together). Press into an un-greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes
TO MAKE THE PUMPKIN MIXTURE
- While crust is baking, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and spices in a large bowl. Beat well until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool before cutting into squares and serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.
I may earn money as an affiliate from certain product links within posts. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe you will find helpful.