Seasoned and crispy, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges are a delicious side dish and a healthy alternative to traditional fries.
This is very similar to a sweet potato fries recipe, but the wedges have a little more heft.
Why you’ll love these air fryer sweet potatoes
In general, I have a little bit of a food crush on sweet potatoes because they’re so darn versatile.
With their natural sweetness in all it's glory, you can transform them into grilled sweet potato wedges, mashed sweet potatoes and of course, air fry them.
In this case, air fryer sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to traditional fries because there's no deep frying involved. With air fryer recipes, it's comforting to know that something so tasty can be good for you.
And they always taste good, no matter how you make them!
Oh and not to geek out on you (but I’m totally gonna), they’re a great source of Vitamin A. You don’t have to tout that to your family, it can be our secret!
We’re seasoning these sweet potatoes with spices for extra flavor and tossing them in the air fryer for a crispy, fried like finish. They have a crispy exterior and a buttery inside.
Go crazy and dip them in this easy to make chipotle mayonnaise recipe!
How to air fry sweet potato wedges
We are using simple ingredients for this healthy side dish, friends.
I seasoned these wedges with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning which is a blend of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic and onion and sea salt flakes. You could also season them with fajita seasoning, taco seasoning or basically anything you have hanging out in your kitchen spice cabinet.
Step 1: Wash and peel your sweet potatoes. Note: you don't have to peel your sweet potatoes but that's my personal preference. Grab a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut the sweet potatoes into wedges about ¼ inch thick.
Step 2: Add the sweet potato wedges to a large bowl. Add the oil and then the everything but the bagel seasoning. Gently toss to combine.
Step 3: In a single layer, add the sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket, taking care not to overlap them. We'll be cooking these in 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
Step 4: Close the air fryer and cook at 370˚F for 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
Next to the Instant Pot, my air fryer is my new favorite kitchen gadget.
What to serve with Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Give them a dunk in ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce. May I suggest some chipotle mayonnaise, healthy ranch dressing or blue cheese dip?
You can pair them with Healthy Turkey Burgers, Air Fryer Brats or a juicy Baja Burger.
These will take about 10 minutes. Be sure to give them a flip halfway through. Depending on which air fryer model and the size of your air fryer, you may need to air fry them in batches. This is the air fryer I have and I can usually do everything in one, maybe two batches.
Technically, you can do whatever you’d like, but the real answer here is no.
You need just a little bit of oil to allow the wedges to crisp up as the hot air circulates around them. After all, that’s why we’re air frying anyway, right? We're using a fraction of the oil as you would with regular fries.
Absolutely, there are so many different ways you can make these. Try cajun seasoning, or add a little cayenne pepper for a little heat. You could even make them into a Tex-Mex side dish by using homemade fajita seasoning.
More easy air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Italian Sausage and Peppers
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
If you make these delicious air fryer sweet potato wedges, leave a recipe rating of review below. I'd love to hear from you!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 medium, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Wash and peel your sweet potatoes. Using a sharp knife, cut sweet potatoes into wedges, about about ¼ inch
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potato wedges, the oil, and everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Toss to combine everything.
- Place the sweet potatoes wedges in the air fryer basket, taking care to place everything in a single layer. You will have to cook it in 2 to 3 batches.
- Close the air fryer and cook at 370 ˚F for 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- It's best to eat the wedges right away, but if you have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You can reheat them in the air fryer at 370˚F for 2 to 3 minutes
- You can also make the same recipe with regular white potatoes
- Vegetable oil can be substituted for the olive oil.
- Sweet potato skins are edible if you don’t wish to peel them. They will have a tougher outside texture.
- For best results, cut the sweet potatoes into the same size pieces
Nutrition information based on 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Leave a Reply