Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Instant Pot is a hearty soup made with ground beef, bell peppers, beef broth and spices.
Everything combines in the flavors of this soup and clearly, this is a soup combo that is meant to be.
Green peppers give a sweet flavor without being spicy or overpowering. Tomatoes add some tang and beef boosts the flavor for a cooked all day vibe.
I absolutely love stuffed bell peppers. What I don’t like so much, though, is the waiting time for the peppers to cook in the oven.
One of the beautiful things about making pressure cooker stuffed pepper soup is that it cooks in minutes instead of hours. What you’re left with is a delicious, hearty soup.
Not only that, because it cooks in the Instant Pot, the entire thing is a one pot meal. We know what that means….fewer dishes!
I wouldn’t call myself lazy, I just like to think that I’m efficient. If I can get the flavors of stuffed peppers in half the effort, THAT my friends, is a win!
Everything you need for this recipe is readily available at your local grocery store!
- olive oil
- green peppers
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper
- ground beef
- beef broth
- crushed tomatoes
- long-grain brown rice
- parsley (fresh or dried)
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup Instant Pot
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and set to Sauté. Once heated, add onion, peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning along with a ‘lil salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the onions and peppers start to soften.
- Remove the veggie mixture. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up for 3-4 minutes. Once it’s cooked through, drain the fat and return to the Instant Pot.
- Add the veggies back to the pot with the beef. Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine, add the lid and set to seal. Pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Let it natural pressure release – which means let it just hand out – for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to let the rest of the pressure out.
- Serve the soup as is or top with shredded cheddar cheese, the way my family likes it!
Tips for Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Instant Pot
- If you’re counting calories you can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef
- Use cooked cauliflower rice stirred in at the end for a low carb stuffed pepper soup
Other Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 3½ cups. beef broth
- 28- oz. can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice, uncooked
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onions and pepper soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a medium bowl. Add ground beef and brown for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Turn the vessel off and carefully drain any excess fat from the container.
- Pour sautéed veggies on top of the browned beef. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and brown rice. Stir to combine and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “seal.” Select the “Manual” or "Pressure Cook" option and set cook time to 20 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- To serve, transfer soup to individual bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 338Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 94mgSodium 793mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 38g