We love making White Chicken Chili in the pressure cooker with this easy recipe all year round. Because it’s cooked in the Instant Pot it is packed with warm, comforting flavors in just a little time.
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret.
This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is healthy and easy for a weeknight dinner.
You don’t have to tell your family. They’ll never know.
Winner, winner, white chicken chili dinner!
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
We rely pretty much solely on quick weeknight meals and our pressure cooker or Instant Pot is such a handy tool for easy meals.
- 1¼ lb. spicy bulk pork sausage
- ¼ cup water
- 14 oz. package classic coleslaw mix with cabbage and carrots
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos or tamari , or soy sauce for non-keto
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds Optional, for garnish
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan. Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add coleslaw mix, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
White Chicken Chili Ingredients
The ingredients in this white chicken chili recipe are pretty basic. You may even have most of them in your pantry already.
Of course, we have our chicken. Add some chopped onion and seasonings including chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic and dried parsley.
Add some chicken broth, because – it’s soup and some lime juice to brighten the flavors up a little bit.
And last but not least, add some cannellini beans and some salt and pepper to taste.
I like to add great northern beans to my white chicken chili. It adds some great creamy texture, increases the fiber content and keeps you full longer!
Even though this chili has a reddish hue, that’s actually from the seasonings in the chili powder. This is a tomato free recipe and full of deep flavor from cooking under pressure in the Instant Pot. In just minutes you’ll have cozy soup, ready for action.
Exhibit A: toddler digging in beforehand. What can I say, it’s that good. And my kids love photobombing. They’re practically professionals.
How to Make White Chicken Chili in your pressure cooker
Step 1: Brown the chicken
Set your pressure cooker to saute. Add some oil and cook the chicken until lightly browned.
Time Saving Tip: If you want to save yourselves about 10 minutes, use precooked chicken and skip this step!
Step 2: Add everything else to the party
Okay, well almost everything. Don’t add the white beans quite yet.
Manually cook under pressure for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Let it hang out for a bit
Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, which really just means let it hang for a few. Then, change the valve to a quick release. Now’s the time to stir in your drained, rinsed beans.
How to serve white chicken chili
Serve this easy white chicken chili with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, hot sauce – whatever floats your boat.
Making white chicken chili in the pressure cooker is the only way I know to pack in so much flavor in so little time!
I’m telling you, the chicken stays juicy (notice, I didn’t say moist) and flavor packed. It’s healthy and dare I say I think it’s the best white chicken chili around!
Cook up a batch the next day you need some cozy comfort food in your life. And Dad, this one’s for you!
Other chili and Instant Pot recipes you’ll love:
Made with love,
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 16 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper, to taste.
- With the lid off, set pressure cooker to Sauté.
- Heat oil, then add chicken and onion to the pot. Cook until chicken is lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT cannellini beans. Cancel Sauté and place the pressure cooker lid on the pot, set to seal. Manually cook under pressure for 15 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Perform a quick release for any remaining pressure. Add drained and rinsed cannellini beans, stir to combine.
- Add salt & pepper to taste before serving.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g