Minestrone soup is a classic dish in Italian cuisine, but we're taking minestrone soup mainstream in an Instant Pot. This minestrone soup recipe has all the flavors of your favorite minestrone dish, with the added convenience of using your Instant Pot!
The minestrone soup is ready to eat in under 45 minutes and it’s packed with veggies and tender pasta. So go ahead, indulge yourself to this nutritious meal that you can feel good about eating!
Soup recipes are all I can think about this time of year! From Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup, to Pasta Fagioli Soup, a hearty soup is the perfect way to warm me (and my family) from the inside out.
And electric pressure cooker aka Instant Pot recipes are made for soup season!
Minestrone Soup Recipe
Just like family members, minestrone soups share some similar characteristics. The basic ingredients of minestrone generally are beans, vegetables, broth or stock and pasta.
Minestrone is a traditional Italian soup that has been adapted to suit the taste of people from different cultures (including here in the good 'ole USA). As a result, it is a soup with a bazillion number of ingredients and recipes.
There's no need for any sibling rivalry or family feuding here. Every minestrone adaptation has the potential to be delicious!
Some of the ones that can be found in this soup are not a part of the original Minestrone soup, such as carrots. What can I say, I like living on the edge!
It's usually served with croutons on top or alongside our friend grated Parmesan cheese, but it can also be served plain.
Why you'll love this soup recipe
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is a healthy and easy recipe to make in cold months.
The best part about this recipe is that it all happens in one pot - no need to cook the pasta separately! That fact alone basically makes my day.
So you just dump everything in, give it a stir, and let the Instant Pot do it's thing. After only about 20 minutes of cooking time, your soup will be ready to go!
Just serve it topped with your favorite garnishes. And maybe a side of bread, just for good measure.
Ingredients in my Instant Pot Minestrone Recipe
This dish is a great way to use up any extra fresh herbs and vegetables you have available.
- healthy, fresh vegetables - onion, carrots, celery, zucchini and bell pepper.
- I made this recipe using fresh vegetables I usually have in my refrigerator. You can adjust the recipe to use seasonal vegetables from your garden, or leftover vegetables as a clean out the fridge type of meal.
- tomatoes - we're using tomato sauce and diced tomatoes
- vegetable broth
- macaroni pasta
- seasonings - Italian seasoning, bay leaf, salt and pepper
- toppings - fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese for serving
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Tips and Variations
Minestrone soup is one of those dishes that is perfect for busy people like us. You can make it in the Instant Pot, and it's full of healthy vegetables. Plus, it's really easy to customize according to your own preferences.
If you're looking for a quick and healthy meal, this minestrone soup is definitely worth trying!
There are so many ways you can vary this recipe. You can stretch it for a crowd (more on that in a minute) or make a big batch as meal prep to freeze for later.
In my stove top and slow cooker minestrone soup, I use canned green beans, kidney beans or cannellini beans aka white beans. You can add them to this recipe if you like. Make it yours!
I like having a few minestrone soup options, but this one is my kiddos favorite. Probably because it has pasta in it and that appears to be our 8 year old's love language.
Other Ingredient Additions
- Canned or fresh cut green beans
- kidney beans
- baby spinach or chopped fresh kale - add at the end of the cooking time and it will wilt right in the soup
- diced, peeled sweet potatoes
- Parmesan rind
How to freeze minestrone soup
Allow soup to cool before ladling portions into freezer safe containers. Wide mouth mason jars work really well!
You can freeze this soup for several months.
Other soup recipes
Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
If you make this easy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup recipe, leave a recipe review or comment below. I'd love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Minestrone soup is a classic dish in Italian cuisine, but minestrone soup made in an Instant Pot is even more delicious. All the flavors you crave can be found in this flavorful soup.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can (19 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup small shell pasta such as elbow pasta*
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced (or any color bell peppers)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley for serving
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot except the fresh parsley.
- Secure the lid, place the valve into sealing position.
- Select manual, high pressure, and cook for 10 minutes. (it will take about 20 minutes for the pressure to rise and start cooking)
- Do a quick pressure release when the cooking time is over.
- Open the lid carefully, add the fresh parsley and stir well.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed.
*To make this soup recipe gluten free substitute the equivalent gluten free pasta.
How to store:
You can keep this soup in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 472mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Leave a Reply