If you’re looking for a simple, tasty recipe you’ve got to check out this Crockpot Sausage and Peppers recipe!
Perfect for parties and get togethers, a warm and hearty supper at home, and even a field meal!
Or maybe you want a recipe for busy nights and it would be oh so awesome if it’s also something that takes, oh, less than 5 minutes to prep and then cooks itself in your slow cooker!!!
Pinch me, and I dreaming????
How to Make Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers
I love, LOVE this recipe because we’re putting sausages in the slow cooker without browning.
Here’s how it’s going down…
Wash and slice two bell peppers – BOOM.
Peel and slice and onion – DOUBLE BOOM.
Now we’ve got crockpot peppers and onions. Next…
Add 1 package of mild Italian sausages or sweet Italian sausage to your crockpot. Add 1 jar of marina sauce and 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning.
If, at this point, you haven’t over exerted yourself, you can grab a pinch of red pepper flakes and throw it into the pot, too. Come on, you can do it!
Put the lid on, set it to low, and go about your lovely day.
Variations to make Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers
- Substitute tomato sauce for the jarred marinara or use crushed tomatoes instead.
- Add some beer to the crockpot for a thinner mixture.
- Keep this recipe gluten free by using gluten free buns or pasta.
I mean, really, it doesn’t get much easier than this. And the smells… If “smellavision” was a thing I would totally share it with you.
When it’s done, you can put it on a nice toasty bun or you can slice it up, add some pasta and eat it with a fork.
Pst…Farm friends, crockpot sausage and peppers is also one of my field meals! Just cut up the sausage and peppers and serve over pasta. Bowties and penne work great!
Other Slow Cooker Recipes:
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
- 4 Italian Sausages
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into strips
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
At Cooking Time:
- 4 Italian or French rolls
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
TO MAKE FRESH
- Combine sausages, peppers, onion, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes in 4-6 quart slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours, or until sausage is cooked through and peppers & onions are tender.
- Place on rolls and top with shredded Mozzarella. Enjoy!
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL
- Label a gallon sized freezer bag. Add sausages, peppers, onion, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Remove excess air and lay flat to freeze.
TO COOK FROM A FREEZER MEAL
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook as instructed above.
Tip: Make a double recipe and serve the leftovers over penne pasta. You may want to add a little extra sauce to the mix. Two meals in one is a win in my book!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 712Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 16gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 107mgSodium 2181mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 31g