Grilled Corn Salad is made with seasonal sweet corn, ripe cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado and zesty lime juice. It's the perfect summer dish for any backyard barbecue or summer meal!
Summer here in Illinois practically screams sweet corn season!
Whether you boil your corn, cook corn in your Instant Pot, or cook it on the grill, there are loads of ways to prepare it.
And this grilled corn salad happens to be one of my summer side dish favorites! It's super easy to make and full of colorful, juicy flavor.
Summertime get togethers are my favorite. They're casual, laid back and full of laid back good eats.
No one gives a second glance when you pull out the plastic silverware and paper plates.
Let's make some grilled corn salad!
While I love LOVE fresh sweet corn, you can also make this grilled corn salad with frozen sweet corn.
Heck, even if it is sweet corn season, if it's one of those nights when easy is best, you go right ahead and make the substitution. No judgement here!
You can grill the corn on outdoor grill or inside on your stovetop. Corn doesn't need a long cook time, so what we're looking for here is some color.
Just a little char on the kernels will give an awesome layer of flavor.
Brush a little butter on your corn and onion slices. Like I said, color, and the butter will help you achieve that.
Let the corn cool slightly before you slice the kernels from the corn. You can discard the corn cob, or you can save them to add to your next batch of corn soup for some creamy, natural goodness!
Add whatever kind of tomatoes you have and give them a dice, a chop or whatever they require. I tend to lean towards grape or cherry tomatoes because they just require one cut and already bite size.
Add some parsely and lime juice and doctor the whole thing up with a little salt and pepper.
I like to add the avocado last, just before serving. The lime juice will help it keeps its color a bit, too!
It can be served at room temperature - just add the avocado just before serving.
Whether you'll cooking up some honey mustard chicken (yum!) or beef kabobs, it's the perfect side dish for summertime!
Other summertime side dishes:
Grilled Corn Salad with Cherry Tomatoes
This healthy and colorful side dish pairs particularly well with grilled meats and poultry, but you can serve it with just about any main course you prefer.
- *2 large ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat a gas grill over medium heat or if cooking indoors, heat a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium high heat. Brush corn with melted butter before placing corn and red onion slices on grill surface.
- Cook corn until kernels are slightly charred, rotating one-quarter turn every couple of minutes until each side is done. Flip red onion once while the corn is cooking. Remove vegetables from heat and let cool slightly. Slice kernels from corn cob with a sharp knife. Discard cobs and transfer onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and toss gently to combine. Serve with your choice of main dish.
*Tip: If fresh corn is not in season, substitute 1 cup frozen sweet corn prepared according to package instructions.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
This Corn Salad looks so amazing! It's the perfect addition to Summer meals and I love that it's using grilled corn!
I love anything with corn and always look forward to this season..thanks for this recipe
Manjiri C K
Love sweet corn, your salad look so yummy Deanne, perfect for adding to the mix for a BBQ
Yum! It looks so delicious and full of color! I can't wait to give this a try!
What a perfect salad for summertime! Looks so good. 🙂