Prepare to enjoy delicious, juicy Air Fryer Corn on the Cob that can be cooked in minutes! The juicy yellow kernels will be dancing on your taste buds with a flavor that SCREAMS summer.
This corn on the cob recipe is perfect for a summer side dish, barbeques, and quick side with very little prep time! And, it only requires two ingredients. Can it get any simpler than that?!
Why you'll love this recipe
In our family, corn on the cob is a traditional summer side dish that goes back to my childhood. There's just something about driving up to the neighbors farm market stand to pick up some fresh corn for dinner! Here's why you'll love it too.
- Time-Saving: Air fryers are known for their ability to cook food quickly, and preheat much quicker than your oven. This will speed up the cook time for the recipe, making it super easy!
- Summer Staple: During the summer months, fresh corn on the cob is everywhere! In the grocery stores, roadside stands, you name it. This recipe is perfect for guiding you to getting a juicy piece of corn on your plate to enjoy.
- Variation in Cooking Corn: Many people have had boiled or Instant Pot corn on the cob, but have you ever tried air fried corn on the cob? Try switching up the cooking method to enjoy a different taste from grilling or boiling.
You'll only need two ingredients on hand, to make air fryer corn on the cob, and I'm willing to bet you already have one of them on hand!
- corn on the cob - Corn on the cob is known to be a traditional American food that is very popular in the summer. Sweet juicy kernels can be eaten right off the cob, or used in other salads or dishes. Have too much sweet corn? That's a great problem to have! You can freeze corn for later, too!
- butter - Butter is another traditional ingredient that you likely already have in your house! Butter enhances corn through the texture and flavor that it brings to the table (Get it?!)
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
If you're out of butter, try replacing the butter with drizzling olive oil on your ear of corn.
How to make air fryer corn on the cob
This recipe only takes five minutes of preparation time before you can pop it in the air fryer!
Step #1: Before preparing the corn, preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Prepare the corn by husking the corn and removing silk. Rinse under cold water.
Step #2: Brush with melted butter and place the corn in a single layer of the preheated air fryer.
Step #3: Cook for corn at 400°F for about 10-15 minutes, flipping the corn halfway. You will know the corn is done cooking when it is tender and slightly charred in spots.
Step #4: Remove from air fryer, let cool and add butter, salt or other toppings if desired!
Hint: You can always cook more corn than you'll need for one meal! Serve for leftovers, cut corn off the cob and use in salads or freeze.
- Parmesan cheese: Grated parmesan cheese can be sprinkled over the corn for a savory. Parmesan can also be mixed with herbs for additional flavor.
- Lime or lemon juice: Squeezing fresh lime or lemon juice over corn provides a tangy and refreshing kick. Sprinkle with a pinch of chili powder or paprika for a hint of spice.
- Honey and cinnamon: For a sweet twist, drizzle honey over the corn and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon. This gives the corn a dessert feel!
For another fun vegetable in the air fryer, try making these air fried smashed potatoes.
Use fresh corn for best flavor, taste and texture!
Make sure to preheat your air fryer, just like you would an oven. This will make sure that cooking starts at the right temperature as soon as the corn gets put in!
Yes, you can cover corn in aluminum foil if you'd like. It will most likely take longer to cook and won't get as crispy on the outside when done.
Feel free to store leftovers ears of corn in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
If you tried this air fryer corn on the cob or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments. Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Looking for other recipes using your air fryer? Try these:
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears sweet corn husked and silks removed
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the air fryer: Start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). The preheating process usually takes around 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare the corn: While the air fryer is preheating, husk the corn and remove any silk threads. Rinse the corn under cold water to remove any remaining debris.
- Brush with melted butter
- Place the corn in the air fryer: Once the air fryer is preheated, arrange the corn in a single layer in the air fryer basket. If your air fryer is not large enough, you may need to cook the corn in batches.
- Air fry the corn: Cook the corn at 400°F (200°C) for about 10-15 minutes, flipping the corn halfway through the cooking time. The cooking time may vary depending on the size and freshness of the corn and the intensity of your air fryer, so keep an eye on it to prevent overcooking.
- Check for doneness: The corn is done when it becomes tender and slightly charred in spots. You can also use a fork to check if it's cooked to your desired level of tenderness.
- Serve and enjoy: Once the corn is cooked to your liking, remove it from the air fryer and let it cool for a minute or two. Serve it hot with additional butter, salt, or your favorite toppings, if desired.