A party-friendly, cool and creamy dip is what you'll find when you devour this Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe. It has the flavors of Mexican street corn, in a perfect dip form, all topped with crumbly cheese.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
If you love Mexican recipes, then you are going to love this Mexican street corn dip.
It is the perfect appetizer for your next party or game day and is basically screaming summertime this time of year! The combination of amazing flavors is full of a bite of sweet corn, the creaminess of the sour cream and mayo, and a kick of seasoning from lime and chili.
Ingredients in this cold Mexican corn dip
I like the combination of sour cream and mayo in this recipe instead of using cream cheese!
- sour cream - gives some tang to the dip. Greek yogurt works in this easy dip, too!
- mayonnaise - gives body and richness. Duke's mayonnaise or Helmann's are my favorites. Pick a good one!
- cojita cheese - I can find this at our regular grocery store and even Aldi. It's a mild, white cheese.
- seasonings: chili powder, salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder
- fire-roasted corn - I'm using this because it's a huge shortcut. If you have leftover cooked air fryer sweet corn, this is a perfect excuse to use it!
- red onions - for a little bite
- cilantro - if this isn't your thing, you can omit it.
- crispy tortilla chips for dipping.
How to make Mexican Street Corn Dip
Whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, half the shredded cheese, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
Whisk it all until it's smooth and creamy.
You should probably take a taste test at this point, don't you think?
Stir in the corn, onion, and cilantro to the sour cream mixture until the corn is well coated.
For those of you who are anti cilantro, I see you! You can omit it or sub in fresh parsley or leave it out together. I've gotcha.
Top with the remaining cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Variations and Substitutions:
Spice it up by adding a small four ounce can of diced green chiles or some spicy jalapeños. Or, swap out the cheese for pepper jack cheese. Your taste buds will be zinging! Just be sure to warn your guests!
Not a fan of cilantro? Sub in chopped green onions or fresh parsley instead.
Types of cheeses: You could substitute feta cheese, queso fresco, monterey jack cheese or a Mexican cheese blend if you can't find it.
Can I use frozen or fresh corn?
This is a great way to use leftover sweet corn, frozen sweet corn or grilled corn! Just make sure it's cooked beforehand - it doesn't have to be a huge cook time, just a little.
How long is this dip good for?
It will last in the fridge for up to six days, making it a great make ahead appetizer!
What is the best way to serve this dip?
Some of my favorite chips to dip (but never double dip) are tortilla chips or corn chips (aka Fritos)
How to store leftovers
Cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container.
More appetizer recipes
If you make this Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe, be sure to leave a recipe review or comment below!
Cold Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 8 oz sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cotija cheese divided
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 15.25 cans fire-roasted corn, drained
- ¼ cup red onion small diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, half the shredded cheese, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Stir in the corn, onion, and cilantro to the sour cream mixture until the corn is well coated.
- Top with the remaining cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.