Tender beef and a creamy sauce make slow cooker beef stroganoff an easy recipe for any night of the week! Just add everything to your crock pot and get cooking!
Making beef stroganoff from scratch is easier than you think. There are no fancy ingredients required, I promise!
And in addition to no fancy pants foods, this recipe uses healthy ingredients you’ll feel good about feeding your family.
We love to serve plain old peas on the side – they’re one of the vegetables we know the kids will eat.
Why we love this slow cooker beef stroganoff recipe
- Slow cooker recipes are great all year round – they’re convenient in the summer because they keep the kitchen cool and can cook while we’re out having fun. This beef stroganoff is also awesome in the winter because it’s warm and hearty!
- We have a freezer full of beef and are always looking for ways to use it up! Especially ways to use cube steak and round steak!
- There’s no funky ingredients here – just wholesome food you can feel good about.
- It’s a “dump and go” recipe. On second thought, that doesn’t sound appetizing.
Here’s what I mean – the prep time is minimal. We’re talking mere minutes!
You can have dinner cooking in ten minutes or less thanks to shortcuts like using stew meat which is already cut, pre-sliced mushrooms, and jarred, minced garlic.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff as a freezer meal
If you want to take your meal planning game to the next level, you can make beef stroganoff as a freezer meal!
What does this mean? It means you can assemble most of the ingredients, freeze them for later, and pull it out when you need a grab and cook meal.
I wouldn’t make it through our harvest season without easy freezer meals!
Other beef recipes you’ll love:
Serve over egg noodles, rice or spiralized veggies.
- 1.5 lbs beef stew meat, round steak or sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream, for serving time
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces egg noodles, for serving time
- Add the meat, onion, butter, garlic, mushrooms, broth, Worcestershire, salt, pepper into a crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Add the sour cream and mustard. Stir well to incorporate.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Cuts of meat that work well in this recipe are round steak, sirloin, or stew meat.
To make as a freezer meal:
In a large gallon sized freezer bag, combine meat, onion, butter, garlic, mushrooms, broth, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Remove excess air and lay flat to freeze. Cook as directed.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 565Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 12gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 159mgSodium 574mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 34g