All you need to make this flavorful and tender chicken Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken is a slow cooker and 4 ingredients! Did I mention there’s only 5 minutes of prep time?!?
For all of you who have been singing the praises of Mississippi (fill-in-the-blank) recipes, I’m here for the party!
We’ve seen the Mississippi Pot Roast, there’s Mississippi Pork Roast, and now, we are gobbling up this chicken version that packs a punch of incredible, bright flavors!
Simple ingredients cooks up flavorful chicken that can be used in sooooo many ways!
And when it comes to prep time, we’re talking about 5 minutes. Winner, winner, chicken’s for dinner!!
Ingredients in this slow cooker Mississippi Chicken recipe
Skinless and boneless chicken breast – you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat. Either kind of chicken is delicious!
Packet of Ranch seasoning mix – you know, the little packets you find in the salad dressing aisle. You can also substitute homemade ranch mix for a cleaner version.
Butter – the recipe calls for salted butter, but you could use unsalted butter if you prefer
Pepperoncini peppers – buy jarred, whole pepperoncinis at the grocery store. Sometimes you’ll see these called banana peppers.
How to Make Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken
Step 1: Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step 2: Pour the ranch dressing over the top of the chicken and place the butter on top.Add the peppers and pepper juice.
Step 3: Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.
Step 4: Remove the lid and shred the chicken.
See how easy that is? It’s almost embarrassingly easy….almost.
Tips for crockpot Mississippi chicken:
- This is a super easy recipe and comes together in minutes. It cooks in just 4 hours.
- If adding a full stick of butter gives you major (I’m here raising my hand some times), you can reduce the amount. Added bonus: If you use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, you don’t need to use butter at all.
- I used frozen chicken breast and it cooked for the same amount of time and it turned out great!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This can be cooked and frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How to heat leftovers
Leftovers can be headed over medium low heat on the stovetop or in the microwave while placed in a microwave safe dhs.
Mississippi Chicken for Two
This recipe as written makes 4 servings. You can make a full batch and freeze half for later as an easy meal. You can also makes this in a mini-crockpot and halve the ingredients.
Just use half a packet of the seasoning and save the remainder for another use. The cooking time will be less, depending on the crockpot model you use.
What to serve with Mississippi Chicken
A great thing about this chicken recipe is that it can be customized for everyone from picky eaters to those following a keto diet. Our family loves that we can all eat a delicious meal with just a few modifications!
Looking for the ultimate comfort food? If you aren’t making this chicken as a sandwich recipe, you can serve it up over a pile of creamy mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles
Watching carbs? Keep it low carb by serving with a spoonful of its own juices and a bed of cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower.
More slow cooker recipes
If you make this crock pot Mississippi chicken, leave a recipe review or comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 10 whole peperoncini peppers
- 3 tablespoons pepperoncini juice
- sliced provolone cheese (optional, not pictured)
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the ranch dressing over the top of the chicken and place the butter on top.
- Add the peppers and pepper juice.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken with 2 forks and serve with hoagie rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 238mgSodium: 3159mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 76g