Making beef fajitas in the oven is super simple and oh so delicious! We love making these easy sheet pan steak fajitas for a Tex Mex themed dinner.
I love oven fajitas because it means no stovetop splatter, no big time smell and it means I only have to dirty one pan.
Clearly, this is a win for all!
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas Recipe
- flank steak sliced into thin strips – My recipe calls for flank steak, which is a treat at our house. This used to be a relatively inexpensive cut of meat, but due to increased demand for all things fajita, the price seems to have gone up. Sirloin steak makes a great substitute
- mini sweet peppers or two bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- red onion
- olive oil
- cumin, chili powder, cayenne, red pepper flakes and good ‘ole salt & pepper
- optional toppings like guacamole, salsa, lime wedges or cilantro
How to Make Beef Fajitas in the Oven
If you don’t have a flank steak, sliced sirloin steak will work well. I like to slice it before it’s completely defrosted, or if it’s thawed, throw it in the freezer for 15 minutes or so to make it easy to slice.
The idea beef fajita oven temperature is 400 degrees. This is the perfect temperature – not to low, but not to high that it cooks to fast.
Make these steak fajitas on two pans, if you have to. The last thing you want is overcrowding and soggy vegetables!
This recipe is seriously easy and can be made as a freezer meal recipe, too. We sometimes spend weeks living off of those!
If you love these beef fajitas in the oven, you’ll also love my sheet pan chicken fajitas!
Other Sheet Pan Recipes You’ll Love
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
Sheet Pan Beef Fajitas
- 1½ lb. flank steak sliced into thin strips
- 1 lb. bag mini sweet peppers cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
- ½ cup. fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped Optional
- 1 large lime sliced Optional
- 1 large avocado diced
- Corn tortillas or large lettuce leaves for serving
TO MAKE FRESH
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced flank steak, peppers, red onion, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Generously season with salt and pepper and mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread the steak and pepper mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and roast in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the steak reaches the desired level of doneness and the peppers are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately with diced avocado, corn tortillas, or lettuce wraps for a low-carb option, if desired.
TO MAKE AS A FREEZER MEAL
- In a labeled, gallon sized freezer bag, combine sliced flank steak, peppers, red onion, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Generously season with salt and pepper and mix until everything is well coated. Remove excess air and lay flat to freeze.Cook as outlined above.