Perfect for game day or a field meal, this Cheeseburger Sliders recipe is about to be your comfort food sandwich go-to! Classic burger are transformed into mini cheeseburgers. The result? Hamburger sliders perfect for little hands and big hands alike!
Want to make mini burgers for a large crowd? Or maybe you’re looking for ways to use ground beef.
Either way, this recipe is for you! It’s warm, hearty and totally customizable.
Ingredients in Cheeseburger Sliders
You’ll need the following ingredients from your kitchen or grocery store.
- Lean ground beef– I recommend using the leanest ground beef you can find and draining it well to avoid soggy sliders.
- Yellow onion
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Mayonnaise – any kind is fine to use (but we know Duke’s and Hellmann’s are the best!)
- Dill relish – dill is my favorite for cheeseburger sliders, but if you prefer the taste of sweet relish you can use that instead.
- Cheddar cheese slices – if cheddar isn’t your burger jam, feel free to use your favorite kind of cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese – again, feel free to use your favorite kind of cheese. Having two kinds of cheese is kinda key, though
- Dinner rolls – I used King’s Hawaiian dinner rolls. Feel free to use your favorite brand of rolls or make your own homemade Hawaiian rolls!
- Unsalted butter
- Sesame seeds – you can omit this ingredient if you prefer or substitute with your favorite seasoning. I feel like sesame seeds make these sliders legit
Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe Shortcuts
If your ground beef is frozen, you can thaw and cook it quickly and easily in the Instant Pot.
Alternatively, I like to make batches of ground beef and freeze it in one pound increments. If you do that, you’re already a step or two ahead in this recipe!
Use pre-chopped onion from the produce section of your grocery store. I also keep a bag of frozen chopped onions in the freezer. It’s perfect when adulting just seems like too much. It happens.
I like to seal my bag of frozen onions inside another bag, usually gallon sized. Then I don’t have to worry about smells tainting everything in my freezer.
You could also sub in a teaspoon or two of minced, dried onion.
Ketchup and Mayonnaise
If you happen have a bottle of mayochup (yes, it’s a thing) in your fridge, use 2/3 cup of it in place of the individual ketchup and mayonnaise.
How to store leftover sliders
Store any leftover sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How do you reheat these sliders?
To reheat, place the sliders on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover them with aluminum foil and bake at 350° F. For 8-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
How many sliders are needed per person?
You can plan on 2-3 sliders per person.
What can I serve with these cheeseburger sliders?
These sliders go perfectly with any side dish you would serve with regular burgers.
Variations to make cheeseburger sliders
Serve on Hawaiian buns or homemade Hawaiian rolls.
Feeling fancy? Put dill pickle slice on a tooth pick through the tops of the buns to serve.
White Castle, you’ve got nothing on these!
Other Slider Recipes
I have a lot of love for slider recipes. Here are a few of my favs.
When you make this easy cheeseburger sliders recipe, leave a recipe review or comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup finely diced yellow onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 10 slices (8 ounces) cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (12 count) package dinner rolls or slider buns
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and diced onions. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and drain the cooked beef if necessary and stir in the salt, garlic powder, black pepper, mayonnaise, ketchup, and dill relish.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a large rimmed baking sheet or large baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil. Slice your dinner rolls in half if they are not pre-sliced. Place the bottom halves of the rolls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the cheese slices evenly over the bottom buns. Spoon the ground meat mixture evenly over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the monterey jack cheese on top and place the top half of the buns onto the sliders.
- Melt the butter and brush it over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sliders are warmed through.
Slice into individual sliders and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g