Check out this easy recipe for mini pumpkin pies made in a muffin tin. They’re the perfect bite-sized, individual pumpkin dessert for Thanksgiving!
Y’all, I just LOVE this recipe.
I mean, what can be cuter than mini pumpkin pies? I love that they’re individually sized which means a few things….
- For one, let’s think about portion control. One and done, in theory, anyway!
- Even though I just said portion control, I won’t tell if you get back in line for a second one. My Dad would say he thinks they’re good but better have a little more, “just to be sure”.
- No cutting, slicing or any of that jazz.
- They’re perfect for a dessert buffet.
- Individual pumpkin pies cook quicker, so really, we’re being more efficient. Who doesn’t love that?
- Kids love them, too! They can squirt their own whipped cream onto their mini pie. Because in my opinion, every child should have that experience in their lifetime.
- And they’re fun to make.
But I don’t think you need any more convincing to make this delicious fall dessert!
Muffin Tin Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Ingredients in this pie are pretty easy to find.
I’m almost willing to bet us small town folks could even pull this dessert recipe off with a trip to the Dollar General. Never underestimate the problems a trip to that store will solve.
Okay, just like we use in Mom’s apple slab pie, we’re going to incorporate ready to bake pie crusts.
Some other standard canned goods like pumpkin puree and evaporated milk.
Eggs and sugar, pretty basic.
And then our fall themed spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, to be exact!
Grab some whipped cream to top it all off, or make your own to top these little mini pumpkin pies.
HOW TO MAKE MINI PUMPKIN PIES RECIPE
We’re going to use a wide mouth jar lid to get some great circles for our muffin tin pan.
Regardless of which form you use, you’ll cut the pie crust into little circles and push them into a greased muffin tin. Piece together scraps, taking care to not overwork the dough, until you have a total of 21 cups ready to fill.
Mix the pumpkin pie filling ingredients and pour the filling into the 21 mini pies.
Bake in a pre-heated oven, then reduce the temperature and finish cooking until the filling is set.
Let cool, then top with whipped cream!
Mini Pumpkin Pies Made in a Muffin Tin
More deliciously yummy pumpkin recipes
I hope you’ll give my favorite holiday dessert a try!
Made with love,
- 15- oz. package ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 15- oz. can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 12- oz. evaporated milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Toppings: Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut pie crust out into circles using a wide-mouth jar lid. Push pie circles down into the muffin cups. If needed, gently knead and roll out any extra dough left from the rings to make a total of 21 circles.
- Mix pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Divide filling among the mini pie shells.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 10-12 minutes, until pie filling is just set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin tin and topping with whipped cream. Garnish with some ground cinnamon, if desired, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 21 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 20mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 3g