Dive into the fall season with this delicious Pumpkin Lush Dessert! Imagine a pumpkin filling, layered with cream cheese, all on a graham cracker crust.
This dessert is easy and convenient, and no baking is required!
Why you'll love this recipe
This recipe is perfect fall fall time, especially in October and November when alllll the cozy vibes are at their peak.
Pumpkin desserts have a warm and comforting flavor that will make you want to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie!
But really, anytime works. Hey, Starbucks comes out with fall flavors at the end of August, so there are no hard and fast pumpkin rules around here!
The flavor profile of this dessert is sweet and will satisfy your craving for a sugary, fall treat. The sweetness flavor is balanced with the distinct pumpkin flavor, creating the perfect combination.
It's also a recipe that's easy to prepare. Do the prep work ahead of time and allow to chill before serving!
This creamy and sweet pumpkin lush recipe requires nine ingredients. All can be found at your run of the mill grocery store.
- pumpkin puree - This is where most of the fall flavor is tied in. You can find pumpkin puree at any grocery store in the canned goods section. Fun fact, did you know that Morton, Illinois is the pumpkin capital of the world? 8 out of 10 cans of pumpkin bought in the United States, are from Morton!
- graham crackers - Graham crackers are used as the crust for this tasty dessert. These guys add a little bit different texture and flavor than some other fall desserts.
- vanilla pudding - Make sure you get INSTANT vanilla pudding! There is a non-instant kind and sadly it is not quite the same thing. Ask me how I know!
- cream cheese - Cream cheese will offset the pumpkin taste and make this dessert the perfect texture with creaminess that'll make you sigh with contentment. If you have extra cream cheese, use it to make these soft pumpkin cookies.
- evaporated milk - Evaporated milk also helps with the creaminess. It brings the dessert all together and thickens everything.
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
If you want to make a pumpkin lush as a learning activity, you can make your own pumpkin puree. Take your kiddos to the pumpkin patch, pick pumpkins and make your own!
Consider using instant butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla. This will add a different flavor component.
How to make Pumpkin Lush Dessert
This recipe is ALL about preparation. 30 minutes of preparation and throw it in the fridge to chill until ready to enjoy!
Step #1: Combine crushed graham cracker and melted butter. Stir so that the butter is absorbed. Use this mixture to make a layer of graham cracker crust in the 9 x 9 dish. Press down into the dish.
Step #2: Combine softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix until creamy, then add 8 ounces of whipped topping and combine. Spread cream cheese over the crust layer.
Step #3: In a separate bowl, mix together evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, instant pudding and pumpkin pie spice.
Mix and spread over cream cheese mixture. Finally, add the remaining 8 ounces of whipped topping to the dessert.
Step #4: Place your pumpkin lush in the fridge for 4 hours before serving. Garnish with graham crackers and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
Hint: You can freeze this to eat at a later time. Just let thaw for 30 minutes before you are ready to enjoy!
Toppings: In addition to graham crackers, top with crushed nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, chocolate chips, or caramel drizzle.
Spice Mix: Pumpkin pie spice is what's called for in this recipe, but considering changing it up using cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, based on your taste preferences.
Crust: Mix this recipe up by using gingersnaps or Oreos as the crust! This will contribute different flavor profiles depending on what you use!
Make sure to set out cream cheese to soften for a few hours before you are ready to start making! It's a lot harder to mix up and get to the right creamy consistency if the cream cheese isn't softened all the way.
If you tried this Pumpkin Lush or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments. Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Looking for other pumpkin puree recipes? Try these:
No Bake Pumpkin Lush
- 1 ½ cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 5.1 ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine the crushed graham crackers and melted butter in a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine so the butter absorbs into the graham crackers. Spread the mixture into the the bottom of a 9 x 9 dish. Press down using a spatula or clean hands.
- Using a mixer, combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl. Whip until creamy, then fold in 8 ounces of the whipped topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the crust carefully, spreading with a spatula or offset spatula.
- In another mixing bowl combine the evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, instant pudding and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together, then spread the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and lightly spread to cover.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with additional crushed graham crackers and a sprinkle or cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.