Hot Taco Dip with ground beef is the best taco dip recipe full of cream cheese, meat, beans, and cheese! This easy appetizer is perfect for your next get together!
VIVA LOS TACOS!!!
You may already know this, but I'm a little obsessed with all things taco. Basically, my tastes range from Taco quesadillas to Mexican Chopped Salad, making this creamy taco dip completely at home here on the blog.
Here's the short version:
A layer with creamy cream cheese, a mixture of salsa, taco, ground beef and beans, and then a layer of cheesy deliciousness.
How to make hot taco dip with ground beef and cream cheese
Spread the cream cheese with a spatula to cover the bottom of your dish.
Cook the ground beef and onions, then drain.
Add green chilis, salsa, chili & beans, and taco seasoning to the fiesta!
Top the cream cheese with the mixture and then sprinkle with cheese.
Ole! Super easy and so delicious!
If you want to spice things up, you can use a hotter salsa, or serve jarred jalapeno slices on the side.
You can also assemble this ahead of time and heat it up when your guests arrive. I recommend serving it with a cold beer or two.
Oh, and tortilla chips. You'll want those for dipping.
I grabbed this photo halfway through the feeding frenzy and was almost attacked by a hungry diner. The things I do for you, friends....
Other recipes you'll love...
- What to Make with Ground Beef
- Jalapeno Peach Dip
- Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- Taco Bar Checklist
- Mexican Chopped Salad
- Baked Pepperoni Dip
Do me a favor and try this one out. Leave a comment below so I know how you liked it!
Hot Taco Dip with Ground Beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ onion diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature or close to it!
- 4 ounces green chili peppers
- 1.5 cups mild or hot chunky salsa
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 16 ounce can chili with beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- jarred jalapenos and avocados for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Drain and return to pan.
- Add green chilis, chunky salsa), chili with beans and taco seasoning to the pan and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, spread cream cheese on the bottom of a pie pan or medium sized casserole dish.
- Cover the cream cheese spread with the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and heat in the oven until cheese is melted and edges begin to bubble, 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and let stand 5 minutes before serving. It will be hot!
- Serve with tortilla chips.