Hot Taco Dip with ground beef is the best taco dip recipe full of cream cheese, meat, beans, and cheese! This easy appetizer is perfect for your next get together!
Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.
VIVA LA TACOS!!!
You may already know this, but I’m a little obsessed with all things taco. So this creamy taco dip is completely at home here on the blog.
Basically, this is a recipe for taco dip with meat – specifically ground hamburger. It’s the perfect setup for an easy recipe.
Here’s the short version:
A layer with creamy cream cheese, a mixture of salsa, taco, ground beef and beans, and then a layer of cheesy deliciousness.
How to make hot taco dip with ground beef and cream cheese
Spread the cream cheese with a spatula to cover the bottom of your dish.
Cook the ground beef and onions, then drain.
Add green chilis, salsa, chili & beans, and taco seasoning to the fiesta!
Top the cream cheese with the mixture and then sprinkle with cheese.
Ole! Super easy and so delicious!
If you want to spice things up, you can use a hotter salsa, or serve jarred jalapeno slices on the side.
You can also assemble this ahead of time and heat it up when your guests arrive. I recommend serving it with a cold beer or two.
Oh, and tortilla chips. You’ll want those for dipping.
I grabbed this photo halfway through the feeding frenzy and was almost attacked by a hungry diner. The things I do for you, friends….
Other recipes you’ll love…
Do me a favor and try this one out. Leave a comment below so I know how you liked it!
Made with love,
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature or close to it!
- 4 ounces green chili peppers
- 1.5 cups mild or hot chunky salsa
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 ounce can chili with beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- jarred jalapenos and avocados for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Drain and return to pan.
- Add green chilis (4 ounce can), chunky salsa (1.5 cups), chili with beans (16 ounce can) and taco seasoning (one Tbsp) to the pan and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, spread cream cheese (one 8 ounce block), on the bottom of a pie pan or medium sized casserole dish.
- Cover the cream cheese spread with the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups).
- Cover with foil and heat in the oven until cheese is melted and edges begin to bubble, 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and let stand 5 minutes before serving. It will be hot!
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Remove from the fridge 20-30 minutes beforehand and add 10 minutes or so to the cooking time.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Unsaturated Fat 0g
Shared on Meal Plan Monday!