We love Ranch Chicken Chili straight from the pot on a cold winter’s day. This is one of those easy dump and go soup recipes that’s prepped in mere minutes, friends!
What is a dump recipe? It basically means you open the can and add it to the pot!
Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook but I’m busy, too! So it’s all about getting food going and heading out of the kitchen at my house.
This healthy and cozy recipe is made with only 9 ingredients, and only ONE of those ingredients has to be chopped. Not feeling the cutting board challenge?
No worries, I have a fix for that.
I may earn money as an affiliate from certain product links within posts. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe you will find helpful.
Ranch Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – plain old chicken breasts will be infused with flavor! If you prefer dark meat, substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Chopped onion – this is the only ingredient in this recipe that needs to be chopped. If you just can’t talk yourself into the drudgery of onion chopping, you can totally sub 2 tsp minced, dried onion or a teaspoon of onion powder.
- diced tomato with chiles – we call this Rotel in the midwest, regardless of brand. Simply open the can and dump it in. If your eaters have super picky taste buds, you could substitute a can of petite diced tomatoes instead.
- black beans – open them, rinse and drain them, and then add them to the chili|
- dry ranch dressing mix – the little envelope you find at the market. If you really, really want to up your game you can add these ranch seasonings instead.
- taco seasoning – we’re using taco seasoning instead of chili powder to mix things up. It pairs with the ranch beautifully!
- Corn – fresh, frozen or canned. You choose!
- chicken broth – adds a burst of flavor. Vegetable broth works, too.
- cream cheese – if you’re watching calories you can substitute light cream cheese, sometimes called neufchatel
- Garnishes and toppings – Chopped cilantro, lime wedges, shredded cheese or sour cream.
I’ve been making this crockpot recipe for almost a decade now, and have recently started making this as an Instant Pot recipe, too.
Damn!! That makes me sound old.
So listen to me as a wise old woman when I tell you that you should add this to your meal plan repertoire.
I take the flavors of one of my favorite things – taco inspired anything – and added the flavors of chili, too. Instead of chili powder, we’re subbing in taco seasoning.
The best part is, my picky eaters love it and it’s gluten free, too!
Prep time? How’s 5 minutes?
Cook time varies depending on if you’re using your crock pot or Instant Pot but I promise, this recipe is easy peasy.
We top our Taco Ranch Chicken Chili with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and a lime wedge squeezed on top.
You can go crazy and add shredded cheddar cheese or a dab or two of hot sauce.
However you make it, you’ll want to go back for seconds.
More Chili Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1.5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 10 ounces diced tomato with chiles (Rotel)
- 12 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 packed dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (include link)
- 1 cup corn
- 12 ounces chicken broth (check amount)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Chopped cilantro and lime for garnish (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except cream cheese, cilantro and lime. Stir to combine.
- Cook over low heat for 6-7 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours, until chicken is cooked through to a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and cut it into cubes or use two forks to shred it. Add the block of cream cheese and stir. Allow to cook another 30 minutes until the cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowl and serve with choice of toppings, including cilantro and lime wedges.
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 65mgSodium 1068mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 18g